• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a power cut in the office earlier this afternoon. First we realised it was the whole floor, then the whole building. Then someone said the power was out in the supermarket next door as well. A few people got stuck in lifts apparently. Everyone started complaining that they couldn't put the kettle on, and then just as people got to the stage of thinking that they might as well go home, the power comes back on.

So everyone starts complaining that they have to stay in the office.

Power was probably out for about half an hour in total. So that's my news for the day.
    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
      Had a power cut in the office earlier this afternoon. First we realised it was the whole floor, then the whole building. Then someone said the power was out in the supermarket next door as well. A few people got stuck in lifts apparently. Everyone started complaining that they couldn't put the kettle on, and then just as people got to the stage of thinking that they might as well go home, the power comes back on.

So everyone starts complaining that they have to stay in the office.

Power was probably out for about half an hour in total. So that's my news for the day.
      Wish something like that would happen here

Ah well, only ten minutes before I can start packing up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Wish something like that would happen here

Ah well, only ten minutes before I can start packing up
        I've just checked the traffic for when I've finished work. I can't see anyone else on the staircase and Mrs P won't be home until 6ish, so it should be a relatively quick journey from office to sofa. Which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Six month extension approved by management

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well thank feck that's over.

I used to enjoy that class, but it's become a nightmare.

I think I'm getting too old for this crap.

Comment

Massive hail storm just started.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                I've just checked the traffic for when I've finished work. I can't see anyone else on the staircase and Mrs P won't be home until 6ish, so it should be a relatively quick journey from office to sofa. Which is nice.
                How's your ankle? Any better??
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Massive hail storm just started.
                  Peeing it down here and has been all day.

Just had a call from the builder the work to replace the wood panels on the back of the house isn't going to be cheap and that is dependent on no damage to whatever is behind the wood panels as well

I said I would be speaking to the insurers, and he started laughing, so that gives me a good indication that they are just as bad here as anywhere else!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    How's your ankle? Any better??
                    Getting there. For some reason I can walk upstairs but not down. Don't cows have the same problem?

I've got it all strapped up anyway but cabin fever is setting in bigtime.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Peeing it down here and has been all day.

Just had a call from the builder the work to replace the wood panels on the back of the house isn't going to be cheap and that is dependent on no damage to whatever is behind the wood panels as well

I said I would be speaking to the insurers, and he started laughing, so that gives me a good indication that they are just as bad here as anywhere else!
                      This is why I abso-fecking-loutley hate these types of jobs. IT's NEVER a straighforward affair.

Comment

Working...
                      X