• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha yeah….twice in fact, half eleven and just after 1am. Does that constitute harrassment too?

Comment

i'm tempted to pay 775. it may be an acceptable loss if it does come back to bite me. ultimately will never be fully in the clear with HMRC until they are happy loans are written off/IHT is covered...

Comment

Originally posted by DanJackiels View Post
        i'm tempted to pay 775. it may be an acceptable loss if it does come back to bite me. ultimately will never be fully in the clear with HMRC until they are happy loans are written off/IHT is covered...
        So pay the £775 with the requirement that it includes all documentation HMRC need to confirm the loans are paid off (which will allow you to ask for full assurance that Fecilitas own the loans and have authority to right the loans off).

It would be a very brave company to continue asking for money if you had that documentation...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

So pay the £775 with the requirement that it includes all documentation HMRC need to confirm the loans are paid off (which will allow you to ask for full assurance that Fecilitas own the loans and have authority to right the loans off).

It would be a very brave company to continue asking for money if you had that documentation...
          hence my 'acceptable loss' comment.

Comment

I'v read the txt of a colleague who got the same @ 1.30am! It shows how unprofessional they are and also I found it Intimidating bordering on harassment to the individual.

Comment

While I was debating taking up their latest offer, I re read the letter and noticed this bit at the end that was stuck on as a "schedule". Which made me not proceed.

There is a table with Date of Agreement/Manner of Consent/Extract of terms, and they have bucketed the loans into two groups, which are split as follows.

Group one:
              Date of Agreement - Not Machine Readable
              Manner of Consent - Consent either indicated by signature on paper agreement or implied by actions.
              Extract of terms - Each Loan shall be repayable on or before the thirtieth anniversary of its being made.

Group two:
              Date of Agreement - None
              Manner of Consent - Terms were not agreed.
              Extract of terms - In the absence of agreement to the contrary, the sum is repayable on demand. However, this is not a demand.

Has anyone else got something like this?

Comment

Yeah, mine had that too, presumably all did?

this is their definition of ‘proof’, effectively a mailmerge :P that anybody could have knocked up….

Comment

Mine is exactly the same. There is nothing sophisticated about that bunch of clowns.

Comment

If Felicitas are calling back loans would a thread such as this not highlight to other Trust owners that they could do the same? If this gets any kind of backing and the result is that people who used them have to repay the loan then that will make the actual loan charge look like a walk in the park. If it were me I would stop this thread before things accelerate and get a whole lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BenDover View Post
                      If Felicitas are calling back loans would a thread such as this not highlight to other Trust owners that they could do the same? If this gets any kind of backing and the result is that people who used them have to repay the loan then that will make the actual loan charge look like a walk in the park. If it were me I would stop this thread before things accelerate and get a whole lot worse.
                      Why?

HMRC have already announced that they won't stop other trust owners from doing similar

And why should we close a thread that is helping people who are impacted by Felicitas on the off chance that it may stop another trust owner from attempting something similar (spoiler - it wouldn't).
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X