• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happychap View Post
    Anyone else receive a nice email + text + Letter with this information

"On Thursday 28th January 2021, the county court at Doncaster considered the first case about debts to
    Felicitas. The hearing followed the debtor’s failure to respond to any of the letters sent to him by Felicitas,
    until we served a statutory demand on him. The judge ordered the debtor to pay Felicitas’ costs of £XXX.
    We have not yet asked a court to order the debtor to pay the debt itself, which is a substantial sum. As a
    responsible lender, we are giving all our debtors every opportunity to settle what they owe at a discount,
    prior to enforcement. All we ask today is that debtors contact us with reasonable proposals"

Agin offering 10% pay by 28th Feb and it all goes away?
    Did you dispute the Statutory Demand?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'll post this again but go to the thread to read what you have to do.

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      The key thing that needs to happen if you receive a SD, is just to be able to prove that there's a genuine dispute over the alleged debt.

This could take the form of:

1) Disputed numbers

2) Disputed paperwork

3) Dispute for any other reason.

The key thing is just being able to fully claim that there is a dispute, and be able to state why. Providing you can do that, then a judge should throw it out. It's worth noting though, that if the judge does throw it out, at that point your solicitor can also apply for costs against the claimant.

Remember a SD can never legally be used to try and pursue payment of a disputed debt. SD's should only be used to try and enforce payment of an accepted debt.

- MrO666
      ——————————
      Statutory Demands have fixed (and very short) timescales - if you have received one you have less than 2 weeks to deal with it and hiding away without responding will result in whoever is issuing the demand winning.

The one thing you can't do is ignore it - Statutory Demands - Everything You Need to Know! | Helix Law has a decent overview of what you need to do but really is:-

1) Don't ignore it
      2) Get all your paperwork
      3) Find a solicitor and dispute it

Also reading this website Statutory Demands - Debt Collection I will add

4) Don't use time as an argument that the debt is invalid, the time frame is 5 / 6 years from the time the money was demanded not the date you received the money.

- eek

(Thanks to MrO666 and eek for this post.)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Looking at past posts I think the issue will be that they can send him emails but as Happychap has moved address any letters from Felicitas (including any Statutory demand letter) sent to him have not arrived and you can't dispute something that you haven't seen.

I think Happychap needs to find a lawyer and given that email implies demands have been sent work out how you get Doncaster court to set whatever may be in motion aside.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Looking at past posts I think the issue will be that they can send him emails but as Happychap has moved address any letters from Felicitas (including any Statutory demand letter) sent to him have not arrived and you can't dispute something that you haven't seen.

I think Happychap needs to find a lawyer and given that email implies demands have been sent work out how you get Doncaster court to set whatever may be in motion aside.
          So, they aren't bluffing and the case heard last week in Doncaster and the outcome is real?
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I called the court today as i received the same email this morning.

I have sent them the email attachment to see if they can find out anything more and will hopefully get a reply back tomorrow.

The audacity of these people is beyond belief. i assume everyone else has bank statements showing the money flow to the accounts, in my case WCS, and the "significantly reduced number" that came back in the form of loans already, so they really have had their cake, AND the cake shop....and now they want even more.

Either way, im very hopeful of showing that this is nothing more than a <mod snip> if the nice lady at Doncaster can reiterate what she told me on the phone.
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 5 February 2021, 11:35.

Comment

I got an email this morning from them.

I called Doncaster cc and they said that there was no record of this hearing taking place. I have asked them to email what they told me and have furnished them with a copies of the letter from Felicitas.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 February 2021, 19:47.

Comment

just to be clear

Hi all,

Just wanted to clear up some things and I'd be grateful for some advice.

I have never spoken with Felicitas directly nor have I ever received anything in the post.

I've moved several times since 2012.

Paid HMRC everything based on the 5yrs I was with my Scheme company, a costly lesson.

One of my very old emails is where these letters are arriving in the spam folder. (Good place for it). Typically every 6 weeks, generic emails signed by Felicitas never a company Director which is a little weird.

Previously I had ETCtax act on my behalf to deal with Felicitas and they sent a letter questioning the debt and the legitimacy of how they purchased those debts. I never heard anything back from ECTtax nor from Felciitias. Obviously ECTtax has moved on fair enough, thanks for trying.

It's quite possible an SD was raised against me and sent to an old address I have no way of telling does that mean I've ignored it - i think not! (After all, it's not too difficult to track people down these days).

I'm not really trying to hide, I'm more than happy to deal with it once I have something in writing request me to come to court.

Advice plz

Should I join WTT?

Should I just engage with a Debt Lawyer myself?

Dare i say it, should i pick up the phone call them and pay the 10-5 or 2%?

Appreciate in advance any help.

Comment

I would wait until we find out what GetScrewed finds out.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There are lots of alarm bells ringing here for me. Least of all the fact that this all apparently happened on the 28th jan? Seeing how many of us have had these ‘letters’ that seems a little odd to expect that ‘all’ of our cases were heard on the same day??

No case number
                    No record of anything for Felicitas being held at doncaster
                    Random £600 court costs demanded?

Hmm....

I dont know how many of you have had their efforts at ‘evidence’ sent to you? But all mine is just retrospective documents made very much after any events, unsigned. And with incorrect addresses for the time period specified.

I have bank statements showing what went across to (in my case) WCS, and what came back (with a major haircut). So it is clear to see what went on. Surely even if they did have the balls to take it to court, it would be so easy to pick apart with no signed documents or proof of transfer? (Or even existance??)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I would wait until we find out what GetScrewed finds out.
                      If this is a made up story, it surely has to be actionable in law? It's fraud and it's intimidation to defraud? The police should be interested if the Doncaster story is fabricated?
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X