• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwah View Post
    I keep receiving mails from felicitas, which I never opened.

How do I know whether I'm on statutory demand?
    You won't without opening it. And if they sent it 2 weeks ago you are now too late to respond to it.

And in fact it's people like you that the statutory demand was designed to catch out...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Assuming you mean email?

SDs are usually sent by recorded delivery snail mail.

Comment

Emails or snail mail? I think an SD would have to be delivered snail mail?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Emails or snail mail? I think an SD would have to be delivered snail mail?
          Yep and Nigel is very clear on his website that he is very sneaky when he sends them - as he probably uses the lack of them being opened as proof of validity.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Yep and Nigel is very clear on his website that he is very sneaky when he sends them - as he probably uses the lack of them being opened as proof of validity.
            Such a shame such thought and tenacity isn't applied to business activity that not only enriches an individual at the expense of others but contributes to well being of the country as a whole. Very sad.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

SDs need to be delivered by letter, and witnessed.
              Also has to go to the correct address, unless they place ads in local papers etc and can prove they tried to find you.
              Without the SD being delivered it's not enforceable.
              Email is not an acceptable method of delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
                SDs need to be delivered by letter, and witnessed.
                Also has to go to the correct address, unless they place ads in local papers etc and can prove they tried to find you.
                Without the SD being delivered it's not enforceable.
                Email is not an acceptable method of delivery.
                But a paper letter sent to the right address is a valid acceptable method of delivery even if the letter itself isn't opened.

The only witnessing required is that the letter was sent, no more than that.
                Last edited by eek; 2 December 2020, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  But a paper letter sent to the right address is a valid acceptable method of delivery even if the letter itself isn't opened.

The only witnessing required is that the letter was sent, no more than that.
                  Yes that's right.

Comment

My experience with SD

Originally posted by td75 View Post
                    Thanks for the post Diagnose b4 u prescribe.

I am in the same position you have described above. Need to send a challenge to Statutory Law, would i need to also send it to the Court in question? Also any tips for what to send to Statutory Law.
                    I can only speak from personal experience but I believe the Statutory Demand must be delivered physically i.e. via post AND mine did not come from Felicitas but from Statutory Law Ltd aka Nigel Powell. I have still not accessed any Felicitas Documents notified to me via a link to their portal so I may have won the Stat Demand battle but don't know if I have yet won the war with Felicitas! I will happily take them to court if they choose to pursue other avenues.

Much of my letter content came from others who had posted helpful tips on this and related forums. I have put some of my points below:

Formal request to have SD withdrawn and the court to set aside.
                    •Your letter is in breach of “pre-action protocol”, in that you have not applied due diligence in establishing the validity of the claim nor adhered to the steps that must be taken to bring a claim or resolve a dispute in court
                    •The alleged debt is neither in form or intent, an employer or business loan but is nothing more than a disguised remuneration scheme
                    •You have failed to take into consideration the scheme’s arrangements with (XXX i.e. the payment company used) who administered funds paid into (YYY i.e. the name of the Promoter) as well as those paid out.
                    I also dropped in some info I was able to copy from original emails / attachments when I stupidly joined supporting the fact this was an Umbrella scheme. I then asked for confirmation the SD would be withdrawn.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by td75 View Post
                      Thanks for the post Diagnose b4 u prescribe.

I am in the same position you have described above. Need to send a challenge to Statutory Law, would i need to also send it to the Court in question? Also any tips for what to send to Statutory Law.
                      I've put a more detailed note into this thread but no I did not contact the court because the SD had not been shared with them. Reply to 'Nigel' quickly to ensure they don't use non-engagement as a reason to pursue the claim

Comment

Working...
                      X