• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happychap View Post
    Dear cojak,

Why are you now pushing people to WTT? Retracted, just feeling a bit harassed by this all.

I've also received the same email which I found in my junk folder but there is No document attached and the portal doesn't exist, it's just another harassment email or phishing email.

If Felicitas has all the relevant info and can prove that these are indeed loans which they have received/purchased legitimately then take me to court so I can move the F**k on.
    I feel this spam email is supposed to work in conjunction with the statutory demand, to stop people from disputing because of the lack of evidence (even though they have yet still to provide the evidence that has been demanded by the disputants).

The problem facing Felicitas is that they are trying to legitimise a debt that they do not have evidence for, and the Statutory Demand route was one way of achieving this, so long as people did not dispute it. So send them a spam email to make them think there is evidence, even if they have nothing so that people will not dispute it, and hey presto the debt is legitimised and now you can harass people.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
      I feel this spam email is supposed to work in conjunction with the statutory demand, to stop people from disputing because of the lack of evidence (even though they have yet still to provide the evidence that has been demanded by the disputants).

The problem facing Felicitas is that they are trying to legitimise a debt that they do not have evidence for, and the Statutory Demand route was one way of achieving this, so long as people did not dispute it. So send them a spam email to make them think there is evidence, even if they have nothing so that people will not dispute it, and hey presto the debt is legitimised and now you can harass people.
      Which reminds me - if you have a Statutory Demand and haven't disputed it yet - got on and do so today.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by happychap View Post
        Dear cojak,
        If Felicitas has all the relevant info and can prove that these are indeed loans which they have received/purchased legitimately then take me to court so I can move the F**k on.
        This was how I thought it worked until I learned about "Statutory Demands". If you are on the receiving end of one of these you need to fight it, otherwise they can go straight to bankruptcy proceedings!

Basically guilty until proven innocent

Comment

Originally posted by WoffleCopter View Post
          This was how I thought it worked until I learned about "Statutory Demands". If you are on the receiving end of one of these you need to fight it, otherwise they can go straight to bankruptcy proceedings!

Basically guilty until proven innocent
          That's how disputes work, you can claim lots of bulltulip, like for example; this road or fence belongs to me and etc... Unless someone objects and can prove otherwise you can get away with it.
          That's why having a good Legal firm have your back is very important.

Comment

Originally posted by mrprofit View Post
            That's how disputes work, you can claim lots of bulltulip, like for example; this road or fence belongs to me and etc... Unless someone objects and can prove otherwise you can get away with it.
            That's why having a good Legal firm have your back is very important.
            It seems odd that it would be used to legitimise a debt? Anyone could threaten anyone else with a made up debt and make it a legitimate debt through an SD? This seems very odd to me, but the whole ongoing saga seems odd too.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              It seems odd that it would be used to legitimise a debt? Anyone could threaten anyone else with a made up debt and make it a legitimate debt through an SD? This seems very odd to me, but the whole ongoing saga seems odd too.
              You could - it doesn't really work once you are caught doing it often though.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                You could - it doesn't really work once you are caught doing it often though.
                How weird. I'd have never guessed it could be so easy to bankrupt someone with a made up debt in the UK.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  How weird. I'd have never guessed it could be so easy to bankrupt someone with a made up debt in the UK.
                  Courts have become a bit wiser after the spate of identity thefts for dodgy mobile accounts. The mobile firms then sell the debt to a collection agency who then tried to enforce the debt according to a friend in the know/Courts. However he did say to me a statutory demand is another step up and this effectively says they are confident they have proof the debt exists and they have the right person. Needs contesting. Head in the sand is not an option unfortunately

Also he said that Courts dont look too favourably at people that don't contest/engage and then decide to speak up in court, so if that's peoples plans then don't. Whatever you do never waste the Courts time. So I am told.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    In a world full of cheats, cowboys and con artists - this site continues to let Webberg post here.

Were I actually involved I would be either using a legal firm I had chosen myself or WTT*

* This is not an endorsement, more the fact there are zero other options that I can recommend.
                    This ^^^^
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hello

Has anyone that has had ECT Tax engaging with Felicitas on their behalf received an SD? Current info seems to point to the fact that most people that have received an SD have had no communication so far with Felicitas whatsoever.

Also, how are these SD's being served/delivered. Are they coming via a special courier or by Royal Mail. It could be a concern that Royal Mail have tried to deliver and maybe failed to leave a 'missed you' card. What position does that leave the recipient in?

Comment

Working...
                      X