• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Fail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    or at least misquoting.
    Whoosh ?

This might help

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...66330100,d.ZWU
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Not really. The saying is "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". You probably misheard.
      Last edited by doodab; 11 May 2014, 16:09.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Chris Rea getting it wrong too doesn't make it right.
        The misquote was intentional, I was trying to be funny about tax per mile enabled by eCall paying for roads, obviously I failed.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

the road to hell is paved with good intentions
          The only quote I can think of that is almost always true.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Goodness you people are paranoid.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So there are still some people who believe the horsetulip the Mail pumps out, are there? Jolly good, jolly good

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                So there are still some people who believe the horsetulip the Mail pumps out, are there? Jolly good, jolly good
                EU signs off on eCall emergency-phone-in-every-car plan

Comment

I do some work for a company that's trialing tracking devices. The idea is you get one fitted and it allows your insurance company to monitor how you drive in return for a lower premium. So the technology is coming via the private sector anyway.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I do some work for a company that's trialing tracking devices. The idea is you get one fitted and it allows your insurance company to monitor how you drive in return for a lower premium. So the technology is coming via the private sector anyway.
                    That technology has been used on a commercial basis for over 10 years. The only difference is its got an awful lot cheaper...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm taking it that you didn't read the first paragraph, just in case I've highlighted a couple of salient facts for you:

The European Union's plan to insist every new car on the road by 2015 includes a mobile device that phones home after a crash is set to become reality, after the European Commission signed off draft legislation to enact the scheme. Assent from the European Parliament and Council of the European Union is now required, but little opposition is expected.
                      So its not signed off yet. There could be opposition, I mean if the Ukip are interested in keeping EU laws out of Britain surely they could turn up to vote against it?
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X