• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family cars....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go. Practical but got a spoiler and guaranteed to turn heads...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      All I meant was what's the difference between getting that and a VW? Not that there is anything wrong with a VW Passat for example....
      The VW costs more and isn't anywhere near as well built as they once were to justify the premium. I'm not sure I'd bother with that part of the VAG group right now, and I type this with their marque in my username.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Here you go. Practical but got a spoiler and guaranteed to turn heads...

There are a mere 540 cubes in the country. And there is one big reason for that...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          There are a mere 540 cubes in the country. And there is one big reason for that...
          It's not a VW?

Comment

Get a tuk tuk. Cheap, economical, and plenty of room for the family and lots of shopping bags....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              Get a tuk tuk. Cheap, economical, and plenty of room for the family and lots of shopping bags....
              Good call. Add another 40 quid for BMW M Sport badges and you're sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                You've got the logic the wrong way round.

You buy a car that you're going to put loads of miles on and then worry about re-sale value?

Get a cheap fiesta, kia c'eed and stick 100k miles on it and then throw it away, then for the weekend car you've got the big SUV with the crap economy but your wife is only sticking school run miles on. That's the one you can re-sell later not the one that's being doing 30k a year.
                That's actually not such a bad idea.... X5 or Q7 it might be then!

Comment

XC60 would be my choice.

practical, safe, spacious

Jeremy Clarksons missus has one which Im not sure if thats a positive or a negative
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    That's actually not such a bad idea.... X5 or Q7 it might be then!
                    But why only Audi and BMW? You are going to have to get one that's been halfway to the moon for 15k and a low mileage one will have done many short trips on the school run which is the worst thing for a car.

What's wrong with Tiguans, Ravs etc etc? Oh yeah sorry, they are not a marque... Waits for SasGuru
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 26 March 2014, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                      XC60 would be my choice.

practical, safe, spacious

Jeremy Clarksons missus has one which Im not sure if thats a positive or a negative
                      Jermey Clarksons missus married Jeremy Clarkson so her choice is not to be trusted.

Comment

Working...
                      X