• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar SUV; I am not impressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Mich the car is aimed at women.

You know the annoying school run mums you see in cars they can't manoeuvre? That's the target market.
    Hit the nail on the head. SUVs are either aimed at football players and rich chavs (big overlap) or yummy mummies. I'd make a crude comment about there being a lot of room in the back if I wasn't so refined and spiritual.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Hit the nail on the head. SUVs are either aimed at football players and rich chavs (big overlap) or yummy mummies. I'd make a crude comment about there being a lot of room in the back if I wasn't so refined and spiritual.
      You mean they're going for the 'winter doggers' market?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Or people with 3 or more kids who want them to be seated properly and safely, for drivers to be able to see forward and for the drivers to know their 3 tonnes of Teutonic of quality steel will still be in one piece in a crash.

Have you ever seen the aftermath of a crash twixt something like a clio and GL320? I have. Wife also has to safely transport many kids to and from school/activities.

I love seeing such a spiritual person get so upset about the most trivial things.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          Have you ever seen the aftermath of a crash twixt something like a clio and GL320? I have.
          Yes. Get the bloody SUVs off the road and then people with more modest cars would have a chance of surviving.

And if you're really concerned about the accident safety of your children, send them in a bus or buy a house nextdoor to the school.

Comment

Oh and Jaguar shouldn't be building something like an X6 which looks awful at the best of times.

I think it's a push, a niche too far for Jag, who up to now, in my opinion, have been producing some cracking cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Yes. Get the bloody SUVs off the road and then people with more modest cars would have a chance of surviving.

And if you're really concerned about the accident safety of your children, send them in a bus or buy a house nextdoor to the school.
              What do you drive again Mitch?

It's about managing the situation. We have 2 schools to drive to, as we're very rural, the kids do lots of activities and we have kids to tea most nights and the they don't have to wear belts on coaches. I am happy managing it the way we do, with large cars that survive accidents.

Comment

Jaguar = JLR = Jaguar Land Rover.

So a baging exercise then ...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  What do you drive again Mitch?
                  A proper Jaguar.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

nope this is definitely a Jaguar. An SUV has been on their internal roadmap for 10 years...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

JLR have been hoovering up all of the best talent in the car industry for the past 3 years. A good friend who works for a very prestigious car company tells me they have been losing 2-3 staff a month to them. They've got the most profitable production lines in the world too, as far as I know. I think this is one car too much for them. Getting too big for their boots too, with their new car, which was predicted at 40-50k, not the 90k some of the models can cost.

Comment

Working...
                      X