• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar SUV; I am not impressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    No MTT, sorry, but that would be a cooking version. As I have shown, the XJR made in 2004, was around 1.8 tonnes. That's pretty much a fact. As for lying, I have shown 8 publications showing, pretty much, the same thing. All XJ's from that era (X350 I think), were alluminium. The extra weight was probably for the extra cylinders, bigger block and Rootes supercharger over the cooking versions, which had lightweight 3.0 V6 engines, and cloth interiors. It's why I queried your initial 'modest' comment. If you want, I could even go into Glasses guide for you and get the definitive, but I am sure you'd not believe that either. 2/3rds of a tonne over the average car weight in Europe is not Modest, nor is the XJR.

SUV's are fine.
    I don't care, I know how much mine weighs, and SUV's are chav chariots (and even heavier too).
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

SUVs for young affluent customers would make more money than making old sedans for old farts like DodgyAgent...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I don't care, I know how much mine weighs, and SUV's are chav chariots (and even heavier too).
        Chavs drive small cars with body kits surely. Proper chavs don't have any money. OK lottery-winning chavs, but they are not a big market.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          SUVs for young affluent customers would make more money than making old sedans for old farts like DodgyAgent...
          Yes indeed; a course in 'good taste and refinement' might be better though.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            OK lottery-winning chavs, but they are not a big market.
            It's a naturally shrinking market

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Chavs drive small cars with body kits surely. Proper chavs don't have any money. OK lottery-winning chavs, but they are not a big market.
              Chavs are of all economic groups; those banking wide boys who missold pensions or managed RBS etcetera; they are chavs. Chavdom is not simply a tracksuit and Burberry issue; it is a state of mind that has infected all economic groups.

Comment

it is a state of mind that has infected all economic groups.
                What's your psycatrists view on your state of mind?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  What's your psycatrists view on your state of mind?
                  Why would I listen to a psychiatrist? They're all completely bonkers.

Comment

Why don't you just look in the logbook? Mine has everything in it from the weight )1645kg(, colour, number of axles, modifications to the size and type of wheels and tyres I'm allowed (summer and winter), etc.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Why don't you just look in the logbook? Mine has everything in it from the weight )1645kg(, colour, number of axles, modifications to the size and type of wheels and tyres I'm allowed (summer and winter), etc.
                      Yes, I have done exactly that.

Anyway, SUVs are common and naff. Jaguar should stay well away from them, except if they're helping to build a new LR.

Comment

Working...
                      X