• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar SUV; I am not impressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Jaguar = JLR = Jaguar Land Rover.

So a baging exercise then ...
    Yes, so leave it to the department with the initials 'LR' and stick their badge on it.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      A proper Jaguar.
      A modest one then?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        A modest one then?
        It weighs about as much as the average saloon car.

Comment

It weighs about as much as the average saloon car.
          1.8 tonnes average for a car? That's dry kerbweight on the stock XJ, the XJR has a much heavier engine, so would probably put it at about 1.85 tonnes. Add some fuel and it's 2 tonnes.

EU states the average weight of a car is 1.2 tonnes across the EU.

Comment

They aren't my cup of tea, but they seem to be the milfwagon of choice.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              1.8 tonnes average for a car? That's dry kerbweight on the stock XJ, the XJR has a much heavier engine, so would probably put it at about 1.85 tonnes. Add some fuel and it's 2 tonnes.

EU states the average weight of a car is 1.2 tonnes across the EU.
              The 2004 XJ-R weighs about 1500kgs; it's made of aluminium.

Comment

The 2004 XJ-R weighs about 1500kgs; it's made of aluminium.
                1,795 kilos. 3996 lbs. Dry.

Comment

SUVs, with proper 4 way drive are useful if you live in rural areas and want to commute through the usual winter snowdrifts, and only giveup when a snowplow can't cope anymore

THey're not all chelsea tractors
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    The Porsche Cayenne - because we just can't stick to what we're good at.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      They aren't my cup of tea, but they seem to be the milfwagon of choice.
                      i.e. they are the current growth market, the one market the sporty brand doesn't have a model for and so they've created one.

And like the blooming hideous evogue it will sell like hot cakes..
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X