• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Runaway Teacher Found Guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It would be simpler if the law was simply that a teacher couldn't have a relationship with a student at their school, totally regardless of age.
    But then what would be the point of becoming a University Lecturer
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      But then what would be the point of becoming a University Lecturer
      They can't do that because unversities have mature students.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sexual Offences Act 2003 in England and Wales according to this
        Excellent again SE. I love people who bother to check out the things I can't be *rsed to. Your next assignment is...

Although that law does not seem to have been used in this case. Abduction? See definitions here. Common English usage suggests force/deception/manipulation/exploitation, not applicable in this case. Whatever the law may say, adulthood is defined by biology and psychology. This girl was not abducted in any logical sense.

Prosecuting him for an illegal relationship between teacher and pupil would not only have been a more logical option but would have underlined an important principle and saved us all money by avoiding need to prove a much vaguer charge.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Excellent again SE. I love people who bother to check out the things I can't be *rsed to. Your next assignment is...

Although that law does not seem to have been used in this case. Abduction? See definitions here. Common English usage suggests force/deception/manipulation/exploitation, not applicable in this case. Whatever the law may say, adulthood is defined by biology and psychology. This girl was not abducted in any logical sense.

Prosecuting him for an illegal relationship between teacher and pupil would not only have been a more logical option but would have underlined an important principle and saved us all money by avoiding need to prove a much vaguer charge.

1. There was a European Arrest Warrant for him which was on the grounds "Child Abduction" as it's not illegal in France for a teacher to run away with a student. If the CPS then didn't go ahead and prosecute him for it I suspect that the rest of Europe would not co-operate again if the UK issued one in other cases.

2. The CPS tends to go for offences that are the easiest to get a conviction for from a judge and jury. If the jury had a large porportion of older people or thick people on it I suspect a few of them wouldn't think it's a crime as they claimed to be in love.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

The abduction charge was brought because they could easily get a European Arrest Warrant for that, so that the French authorities could extradite him to the UK. It would have been more difficult if it involved an offence that wasn't a crime in France. (I don't know what the French law on pupil/teacher relations is, I'm just quoting the legal background as explained on Radio 4 earlier.)

That was also why they didn't charge him with the under-age sexual offences until today, and only then because he'd waived his right to object to the charges being brought and agreed to plead guilty: as he was extradited on an EAW, he couldn't be tried for anything that didn't feature in that warrant.

This aspect of the EAW regime is one of the reasons we know for a fact that Julian Assange is a worthless scumbag lacking the moral courage to accept responsibility for his actions in Sweden, rather than a noble crusader for freedom. But that's a different story, as it involves non-consensual sexual activity.

Comment

Stuff about previous grooming by this bloke in the DM which puts a different complexion on it. Not that I would know as I never read it obviously.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                They can't do that because unversities have mature students.
                They could, regardless of age. In the same way it would be improper for a psychiatrist to date a patient.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  They could, regardless of age. In the same way it would be improper for a psychiatrist to date a patient.
                  That would be mental...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    That would be mental...

I dated a psychologist once. I think she thought I was mental.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Interesting story here. Teacher runs off with 16 year old step daughter, now married with kids and he was allowed to keep on teaching. If only Jeremy Forrest had waited a few months more he might still be teaching and in a happy relationship. What a difference a few months make hey...

Headteacher 'ran over school's electric organ with his car after suffering meltdown in front of pupils during assembly | Mail Online

Have to say though I am highly suspicious of grown men wearing cartoon ties. Surely that alone is a sign someone is, erm, a little left of normal.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X