• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Now this week I have lost 3 lbs.
    You changed that nappy, didn't you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      You changed that nappy, didn't you?

Yep there was a great big Shaunbhoy in there

<At least that's what we call them in our house>
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I've been avoiding this thread

I'm officially a stone down on the start of Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Yep there was a great big Shaunbhoy in there

<At least that's what we call them in our house>
          You mean to tell me that you keep your gold bars in your nappies at Chez Suity?
          Don't tell Dim!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            I've been avoiding this thread

I'm officially a stone down on the start of Dec.
            Kidney or gall ?

Comment

It's freezing

According to someone on the interwebs, the heat transfer coefficient for a person with clothing is about 12 kcal (hr m^2 deg C).

Average skin area = 2 m^2
              So, assuming you don't put on more clothes, a drop of 5 deg C results in an extra 1200 Calories lost over a 10 hour period.

12 * 10 * 2 * 5 = 1200.

So three days of cold weather and you can shed a pound of lard.

Forget the central heating - get outside and dance round naked!

Comment

Just 1lb this week. Been a bit of a rubbish week, so I'll take that. Planning to add a bit more exercise this week. Maybe.

Total: 8lb.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Just 1lb this week. Been a bit of a rubbish week, so I'll take that. Planning to add a bit more exercise this week. Maybe.

Total: 8lb.
                  Slightly surprisingly I have shed a further 3lbs this week. Better than the 1-2 pounds I have been averaging.
                  May just have been tactical weighing, as I checked just after a load of digging in the garden. Still well on track for my target. 27lbs of the 44 gone now in just under 3 months. Woohaaaa!!

Comment

2lbs this week - total 10lb. Seemed to plateau at the beginning of the week, but caught up towards the end. Two boozy nights this week, one bar of chocolate, and a massive roast last Sunday. Apart from that I've been pretty healthy, and managed two runs - 2 miles and 3 miles.

Waist measurement (apparently a better indicator than BMI) is unchanged, and can't say I feel any better for my improved diet - going to try 'wheat free' this week, it's the only thing that's ever made a difference to my energy levels in the past.

Comment

Total loss now 1st 6llb, that's 2lb this week.

Christmas and New Year plateau'd for a bit, but hopefully back on the straight and narrow, well relatively straight and not too narrow.

My weigh-in is always Wednesday morning before showering, don't bother during the rest of the week as it goes up and down a tad.
                      Last edited by Scrag Meister; 8 February 2012, 08:00.
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X