• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What was the FIRST gig you saw?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    .....considered very edgy these days what with a set at Glastonbury & even the Guardian seem to like them.
    I've long hoped that when my turn comes for old folks outings that Vera Lynn, Roll Out the Barrel, Lambeth Walk etc would be long forgotten.

And now those Cockney gits make a come back.

What an awful thought.

Retirement outings to the accompaniment of Chas 'n' Dave??????

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Iron Maiden, Cornwall Colosseum 1986.

Although if MS is going to count the Radio One Roadshow then it's Plymouth 1982.
      Last edited by DaveB; 9 February 2014, 21:39.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Pah! I was at THE Isle of Wight 1969.
        And the Stones in Hyde Park, although It was so crowded and we so far back we could hardly hear a thing. After about 20 mins we said sod it and went to the pub.

Ps And Marianne Faithful at Bristol Uni. Circa 1967.
        Did I see you there: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tml#post826890
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

.....considered very edgy these days what with a set at Glastonbury & even the Guardian seem to like them.
          Yeah, but you forget that Chas & Dave have reworked all the old cockney stuff into a contemporary gangsta-rap stylee - my favourite being Knees Up Mother F**kah

World's Best Martini

Comment

...and as for the OP - it was a terrible outfit called The Varukers at Bridgwater Arts Centre in 1985 but I can almost guarantee that none of you would have heard of them lol....
            I've seen them, more than once and have a record or 2 lying around! Back in the early 80's they always seemed to be on the bill when we used to see west country bands. Still going apparently...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that they also played at Knebworth in 1979 as one of the supports to Led Zeppelin!!!

As for the OP, my first gig was the saturday of the 1978 Reading Rock Festival where Status Quo headlined.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Simple Minds, Milton Keynes bowl, 1987.

Saw them again last year. Good gig. Supported by Ultravox.
                Beer
                is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The Cult at Leeds Uni

She sells sanctuary tour

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    I've long hoped that when my turn comes for old folks outings that Vera Lynn, Roll Out the Barrel, Lambeth Walk etc would be long forgotten.

And now those Cockney gits make a come back.

What an awful thought.

Retirement outings to the accompaniment of Chas 'n' Dave??????

Gerrchha!

saw them support the Quo on the 'end of the road tour' so that was my first big gig.

both were excellent but that might have been the substances!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Wishbone Ash at a great local club which got CPO'd and knocked down to build something that was never built. It's still an empty plot >10 years on.

Comment

Working...
                      X