• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What was the FIRST gig you saw?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the FIRST gig you saw?

Mine was the Who at Bingley hall Stafford.

I went with my older brothers and wore a parka!!
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Toyah at Portsmouth Guildhall in 1981
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Sascha Distel in Paris around 1968 then the Rolling Stones in Hyde Park
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Monsters of rock August 22 1981

AC/DC
        Whitesnake
        Blue Öyster Cult
        Slade
        Blackfoot
        More

Marked the beginning of Slade's comeback.

Comment

The Human League @ Manchester Apollo. It was unbelievable how poor the female singers were in real life, they couldn't hit a single note. Obviously only there because they were sh@gging other band members.

Year.. uhm... early 80s
          Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Apart from local bands... Genesis, Wembley 1987. They were old then.

(I saw them in Bern 20 years later... still a very entertaining show ).
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Slayer at the Hammersmith Apollo in the 1990's I think.

This was before the HSE got their dirty mitts on loudness levels.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

BTO in Toronto in '76 I think. Damn good too, never did much over here though.

Comment

I would like to be able to say that it was Anthrax at the Colston Hall in Bristol in 1987.

But to do that I would have to overlook seeing Madness at the Gaumont (it is now called the Mayflower) in Southampton in 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                    I would like to be able to say that it was Anthrax at the Colston Hall in Bristol in 1987.

But to do that I would have to overlook seeing Madness at the Gaumont (it is now called the Mayflower) in Southampton in 1985.
                    I saw Iron Maiden at the Gaumont in '83 - cracking gig
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                    X