• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

What was the FIRST gig you saw?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Minds at the Mars Bar, Glasgow, 20 people there. Or it might have been SLF at the Apollo. 1978ish

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    Stranglers, Glasgow Apollo, 1979 - good wholesome entertainment for an impressionable young lad
    Was that the tour with the strippers?
    World's Best Martini

Comment

Garbage at Wembley 1999. Support act was Moloko, whom I quite like, but they were rubbish.

Comment

R.E.M. at Earls Court in 1999 and support act were Wilco - both were excellent and had a great time at the front.

Comment

count basie & ella fitzgerald circa 1978 in london

Comment

Pah! I was at THE Isle of Wight 1969.
            And the Stones in Hyde Park, although It was so crowded and we so far back we could hardly hear a thing. After about 20 mins we said sod it and went to the pub.

Ps And Marianne Faithful at Bristol Uni. Circa 1967.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
              Deep Purple, back in 1976
              Tommy Bollin/ Come Taste The Band tour?

Comment

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow. Manchester Apollo. 1977.

The classic Ronnie/ Cozy line up. Rest their souls.

Comment

Not sure if it counts as a gig, but I did go to the Radio 1 roadshow at Margate in 1982, with Peter Powell. The live band was Chaz and Dave...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Not sure if it counts as a gig, but I did go to the Radio 1 roadshow at Margate in 1982, with Peter Powell. The live band was Chaz and Dave...
                    .....considered very edgy these days what with a set at Glastonbury & even the Guardian seem to like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                      .....considered very edgy these days what with a set at Glastonbury & even the Guardian seem to like them.
                      Agree with you there darling.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X