• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump next POTAS (trying again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump next POTAS (trying again)

<placeholder>

Looks pretty much a forgone conclusion, and I wouldn't blame Americans for not wanting to vote for Biden. His mental and physical faculties are definitely questionable, and he doesn't look up to another 4 years.

Whilst I'm not relishing the prospect of Trump back in the Whitehouse.

What's the worst that could happen?

Any president in a coma will be better than Trump.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

A lettuce would be better than Trump.

Worst that could happen. Trump dies and his VP takes over.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Some people reckon there is less likely to be a major world conflict with Trump in power. I can see why that might be the case with Russia but what about China? Trump seems to have a real beef with them.

I've never understood why he's ok with Putin's Russia, when Putin and Xi are thick as thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
          I can see why that might be the case with Russia but what about China? Trump seems to have a real beef with them.
          Populism works by creating division: Love us, hate them. Find a group of people, based on something that you can easily group then by - whether that be gender, sexual preference, skin colour, religion, financial status, nationality, etc.
          Convince people that these ones are different and should be hated.
          Justify it with statistics and finance that may or may not have any basis in accuracy.
          Blame as many of the problems that you can on these people.
          Make your followers treat this group of people as one individual, and treat each individual in that group as if they follow every extreme belief/opinion/etc that you can convince them is true.

Repeat, and then convince your followers that you are "normal" and "centrist" and everyone else is "woke", "left", etc.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Looks pretty much a forgone conclusion, and I wouldn't blame Americans for not wanting to vote for Biden. His mental and physical faculties are definitely questionable, and he doesn't look up to another 4 years.

Whilst I'm not relishing the prospect of Trump back in the Whitehouse.

What's the worst that could happen?
            There are a lot of excerpts of Trump speeches on youtube, in which he drifts off into confusing rambles and is then silent. For some reason people are concentrating on Biden's mistakes now and completely forgetting that Trump has done many more. Trump has also confused the names of people at times and jumped wildly from subject to subject. A fair comparison shows both are very old and should be retired. Fake presentation of anger can disguise the fragility, but people should see through that.

A competent party should be in power in the biggest democratic market in the world. The republicans are part of a cult now, so the Democrats are the only viable option in their two party system. World stability is important and necessary. The only winners under a Trump administration are the ultra rich, elites and authoritarian dictatorships. Russia, China, and Iran benefit from a cowardly Trump administration. If anybody doubts the value of democracy and capitalism then look at how the citizens live in Russia, China, and Iran. People are taking democracy for granted now.

The funniest thing about the past Trump administration is that they added more debt than any other recent administration to fund a tax cut for the ultra rich. That was it. No other interesting achievements. Unless you want to include the achievement of allowing very long railroad transport (kilometres long railroad) of toxic chemicals, which then caused a major fuel spill and health issues along towns. Trump politics is death to robust reliable capitalism and democracy. The main failure of the US is partisan judges and courts. They should have separation of church and state, judges and politics. Do not doubt the repercussions if the US has peaked, because the notion of China taking over the reigns, a censorship dystopia but economic powerhouse, is frightening.

Comment

There are growing murmurings that Biden may be about to bow out on "medical grounds"...

Comment

There are growing murmurings that Biden may be about to bow out on "medical grounds"...
                like Rishi, Biden is losing the crown, Trump is just poor opposition. Its the re-birth of Bojo, if Sucker is the answer what the hell is the question?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Populism works by creating division: Love us, hate them. Find a group of people, based on something that you can easily group then by - whether that be gender, sexual preference, skin colour, religion, financial status, nationality, etc.
                  Convince people that these ones are different and should be hated.
                  But is the division really created though? The way I see populism, at least when it is done honestly, is making the public aware of a division that already exists - but that they are not yet aware of.

Comment

Ukraine and Europe is ****ed if the orange man is president. Partially Europe's fault for not ramping up weapons production and relying on the US.

Then again I heard that Trump's plan is to tell Ukrainians that they need to give up some land and sign a peace treaty with russia or no more weapons and then tell the russians, they need to sign it and be happy, or the other side will get so many weapons russia will be fecked. Then call himself a hero. So who knows what the deranged lunatic is planning.

Comment

Working...
                    X