• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This website forum sucks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This website forum sucks

Frequently not responding, timeouts, other errors, broken threads, not showing last post, displaying wrong avatar.

Ironic that it's mainly used by IT professionals.

The site codebase looks like its maintained by he who cant be named, but he does all the needful codes with much cheapness and plenty quickness

Comment

I blame the chimp. . .

The rather depressing thought is that a replacement will be worse: that's been the case for yonks.

We all hated the previous iteration until we met this one.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 July 2024, 12:47.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
        To be fair you'd expect this. I'm sure there is a term for it but skilled people rarely do unto themselves what they do for others. Worst houses in the street are the builders, plumbers and other tradesmen. I guess you do it all day you can't be arsed to do it out of work.

There was quite a well known house in town that had a bloke living in it that did rendering. He had a board outside but his house hadn't been rendered for nearly two years. Bit of good inverse advertising as everyone spotted the irony.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Frequently not responding, timeouts, other errors, broken threads, not showing last post, displaying wrong avatar.

Shocking - you should ask for your money back!

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

Shocking - you should ask for your money back!
            Sure it's free to us, like most forums. But someone is paying for it, and I don't imagine the web analytics look too healthy.
            Last edited by woody1; 16 July 2024, 15:08.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I blame the chimp. . .

The rather depressing thought is that a replacement will be worse: that's been the case for yonks.

We all hated the previous iteration until we met this one.
              We all hated this iteration until we met the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I'm sure there is a term for it but skilled people rarely do unto themselves what they do for others.
                The phrase I've heard is "the shoemaker's children go barefoot".

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

We all hated this iteration until we met the next one.
                  Yes. Be careful what you wish for.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Multiquote not working properly, can't move threads, can't delete broken threads...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X