• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Kier Starmer - Odds on not completing a full term?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    From past observation I hope I die before I end up in one of those places.

Being 90 doesn't look like much fun to me.
    You should find what you need in the third drawer down of the anteroom desk...

"It's worth remembering that the Mess Webley will be of .455 calibre so do remember that if the Mess has recently been re-carpeted or painted, you might consider putting down some newspaper before doing the decent thing, otherwise you will leave your former fellow Mess members with the deuce of a bill which will probably dampen enthusiasm at your wake - alternatively take a bottle of whisky with you into the woods..."
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I was out walking the dog a couple of years ago and someone had tossed a full packet of benzodiazepines out of a car window.

I've hung on to them ever since as an insurance policy.
      Last edited by woody1; 13 July 2024, 08:13.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Starmer is a long way from popular. A few more "changes of mind", political errors or blatant tax grabs and he would quickly lose popular support. If that happens there are plenty of candidates out there to replace him. His only saving grace at the moment is he is in the centre, and most putative replacements are anything but.
        His popularity with the public might very well go down but the Labour Party do tend to stick with leaders.

Comment

Working...
        X