• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

July 4th General Election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post
    I'm seriously surprised Rishi lasted this long, I was expecting him to not give two tulips earlier on, considering how wealthy he is (or his wife rather).

I wouldn't expect much change after Labour comes in, there's bugger all money for anything and this will the theme for years to come. With the cost of living crisis they really need to think who to hit with taxes to get some dosh for the stuff they promised, but I guess it is a change of scenery which so many want...(not that I'm a Tory lover).
    There will be changes. Just not the ones we would wish for...

There are more than a few experts predicting it won't be a landslide for Labour, it might even be a hung Parliament. Not sure I'd go that far, and I can't see the Tories winning anything significant, but it will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

Personally, I'll be voting against the God awful Lib Dem candidate for our new constituency... Not yet sure who I will vote for until we get the final candidate list, but MRL is a possibility! At least, because of the boundary changes, I'll be rid of the Hon James Heappey, the biggest waste of space I've ever come across (in more ways than one). No surgeries, no responses to emails, tweets or posts through "They work for you", has never voted against the government, and rarely seen in the constituency anyway. Everything I hate about career politicians.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Welcome to your new Labour overlords.
      Personally I much prefer that to the awful overlords we've had for most of the last 14 years

Comment

Under starmer we will see increased handouts to illegals immigrants and the work shy.

Plus even more BLM, LGBT and DEI.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skynews-keir-starmer-angela-rayner_5009693.jpg?20200609172914.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	4290011

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
          Under starmer we will see increased handouts to illegals immigrants and the work shy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skynews-keir-starmer-angela-rayner_5009693.jpg?20200609172914.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	4290011

The exact reason why the mayor of Calais said why his town is flooded with immigrants trying to cross the channel. He said it the UK stopped putting them up in hotels and stopped benefits, they would not be risking the crossing.

However, the Tories have been in power for 14 years. It has always been the Tories since the 1950s who encouraged immigration for cheap labour. They say one thing and then do opposite,
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What have you got against LGBT?

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            The exact reason why the mayor of Calais said why his town is flooded with immigrants trying to cross the channel. He said it the UK stopped putting them up in hotels and stopped benefits, they would not be risking the crossing.
            That's because Fraidycat is the mayor of Calais and I claim my €5.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              Not the best No 10 speech, being soaked with rain and Labour election winning pop tune playing. Great start Rishi
              At first glance the rain looked like he had a real dandruff problem!

I couldn't be bothered to register for a postal vote. Anyway, being out of the country for so long with no intention of returning permanently, it doesn't seem right to me.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh no - trying to treat everyone equally and decently regardless of characteristics they can't change! What is the world coming to?

Comment

Interesting to read that it's possible Rishi pulled this stunt as he was told there will be a vote of no confidence and that he would be on the way out. Apparently everything happened super quickly without much prep which points to it being a rather hasty decision...

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                    Interesting to read that it's possible Rishi pulled this stunt as he was told there will be a vote of no confidence and that he would be on the way out. Apparently everything happened super quickly without much prep which points to it being a rather hasty decision...
                    ...or it's been planned for months and we may as well go now before things get any worse, and we can catch Starmer napping? Sunak has never struck me as being impetuous. His plan is clearly to show Labour have no ideas on how to solve stuff nor how to pay for it and so minimise the damage to their seat count at the GE.

FWIW the slight hint at a no-confidence vote was clearly closed off quite recently.
                    Last edited by malvolio; 23 May 2024, 12:11.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Starmer wasn't the threat. Labour had been sorting out their candidates since last year.

Reform was. Now Reform are mainly neutralised as they don't have enough candidates for all the seats.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X