• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you like them apples?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you like them apples?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-tribunal.html

Ginger job centre boss who compared bullying over his hair colour to the prejudice faced by black people was not being racist, tribunal rules
    oh dear
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oh dear what? Do you feel that he was being racist?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Oh dear what? Do you feel that he was being racist?
      No I feel that he had a point if a bit tactless.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

No I feel that he had a point if a bit tactless.
        Yeah, he should've pussyfooted around a bit more, lest he cause "offence" - bollocks.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Yeah, he should've pussyfooted around a bit more, lest he cause "offence" - bollocks.
          Is that your pup Zig? Very cute.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I thought was going to be a thread about cider

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
              I thought was going to be a thread about cider
              Pulp fiction?

Comment

Accusations of racism are often over the top. Bit like Diana Abbot being suspended. Saying that blacks and some others experiences more racism than Jews is not antisemitic. May be true for the obvious reason that blacks and travellers are more easily identifiable, whereas you usually wouldn't know if someone was Jewish unless they are strict Orthodox.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 21 May 2024, 16:55.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Had a memory of Jack Nicholson saying it: he did in "Chinatown (1974)".
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Accusations of racism are often over the top. Bit like Diana Abbot being suspended. Saying that blacks and some others experiences more racism than Jews is not antisemitic. May be true for the obvious reason that blacks and travellers are more easily identifiable, whereas you usually wouldn't know if someone was Jewish unless they are strict Orthodox.
                    On the other hand to claim that antisemitism isn't as bad as racism against blacks most definitely is racism. Fun fact. White supremacists and the far right hate Jews - regardless of whether they're easily identifiable. The left think Jews are white and so can't experience racism.

There are many well known people who are known to be Jewish and aren't orthodox. They still experience racism.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X