• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bucket list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    I did a sky dive and loved it, one of those feelings you can't really replicate any other way
    Try an iced up mogel black slope, skiing.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Try an iced up mogel black slope, skiing.
      Take the train up to Eigergletsher (the stop before Jungrfraujoch), then do run 27. Its name is Oh God. The first section is easy, then you get to the bit where you look over the edge, say the name of the run, then descend quite steeply then make a sharp left turn at the bottom before falling into a deep gully.

Next on the list would be AMF (Adios Mother F***er) at Snowmass. More difficult to get into and a long trail out.

Mary Jane mountain at Winter Park - particularly Outhouse.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Why is having lots of sex and enjoying dance music incompatible with swimming with Dolphins and partying in Vegas? I know a few that would disagree with you!
        I did say "booze-fuelled casual sex" and "reckless gambling" which are a bit degenerate compared to swimming with Dolphins.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I'll just stick me head in a bucket. Nice and cheap.
          Knowing you, depends on the brand of Vodka!
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I did a sky dive and loved it, one of those feelings you can't really replicate any other way (I've also tried 'indoor skydiving' but it's obviously not the same exhilaration). Once was definitely enough to tick the "done that" box - no interest in doing any more

Probably one of those "you're a lot more likely to die in a car than a plane" things but a few years after someone I work with did one as a big charity fundraiser thing and and broke both of his legs
            I first tried to do a skydive in Australia in my 20s. Was booked to go but was cancelled due to the weather. By coincidence I ended up sitting next to a skydiving instructor a few days later who told me how one time the chute didn't open on a tandem skydive and the person with him panicked so much, didn't follow the instructions and he had to cut them loose so as to avoid both of them being killed. Not sure if it was a true story but it didn't put me off!

I've got fiends who've done a skydive and a bungee jump and said the bungee was worse. I'm booked on to one of those indoor skydives soon so that might have to be good enough to tick that off my list.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

I first tried to do a skydive in Australia in my 20s. Was booked to go but was cancelled due to the weather. By coincidence I ended up sitting next to a skydiving instructor a few days later who told me how one time the chute didn't open on a tandem skydive and the person with him panicked so much, didn't follow the instructions and he had to cut them loose so as to avoid both of them being killed. Not sure if it was a true story but it didn't put me off!

I've got fiends who've done a skydive and a bungee jump and said the bungee was worse. I'm booked on to one of those indoor skydives soon so that might have to be good enough to tick that off my list.
              Indoor skydiving is also fun and has the same "feeling" of falling it just doesn't give the same "holy crap I could genuinely die here" adrenaline rush

I've not tried a bungee jump yet but will do one day

Comment

Indoor skydiving is also fun and has the same "feeling" of falling it just doesn't give the same "holy crap I could genuinely die here" adrenaline rush

I've not tried a bungee jump yet but will do one day
                A friend did an indoor skydive but still somehow managed to break a limb

My bungee was off a specially constructed platform over a beautiful lake in NZ. The rush lasted all day. One of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.

Comment

Knowing you, depends on the brand of Vodka!
                  Like that noisy disco where me and that lady fell over while dancing.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post

These were in jest, if it wasn't obvious. I'm not that Jekyll and Hyde.

TBH, I can't think of anything I'd put on a bucket list.
                    Requesting a self ban from an online forum?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A bungee is definitely worse imo. When I did a tandem skydive - both of you shuffle to the plane door. When I did a bungee, it's solo and you have to physically walk off the ledge which is terrifying.

Comment

Working...
                      X