• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heathrow T5 security being pleasant.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heathrow T5 security being pleasant.

My rucksack fell off my suitcase as I approached security. A young member of staff hurried over, picked it up and handed it to me.

I left my wristwatch in the tray after scanning. When I went back, an older member of staff went from line to line checking for my watch, which he eventually found.

Nice, but wierd.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

They obviously realised that behaving like Barcelona security was one to beat!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just started their shift, so probably not yet absolutely soul destroyed from having to deal with all the rude / dumb / ignorant people

Comment

I've always found UK airport security people quite friendly and normal, with a couple of exceptions. Compare that to the TSA where most of them treat you like a criminal.

Comment

Clearly had training on how to help old people more. I say help, probably more like how speed things up when doddery old bastards turn up so they don't hold everyone else up.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I left my wristwatch in the tray after scanning. When I went back, an older member of staff went from line to line checking for my watch, which he eventually found.
            What contractor leaves their rolex in the tray? Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

What contractor leaves their rolex in the tray? Shocking.
              What contractor wears a chav watch?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

What contractor wears a chav watch?
                You are right. Their G-Shock in the tray then.

Comment

I always find the difference at London City amazing. It's more like getting on a private plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
                    I've always found UK airport security people quite friendly and normal, with a couple of exceptions. Compare that to the TSA where most of them treat you like a criminal.
                    Chicago O'Hare one of the four airports where security have held a gun on me. He just held the butt because despite him having an accent so thick I couldn't understand him, his instructions being unclear and me having been on planes etc for 14 hours I didn't move fast enough. Think mall cop.

Try Brunei they gesture you forward with sub machine guns. All good fun.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X