• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK tv club currently watching

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For All Mankind https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7772588/

Alternative history, USSR got to moon first and space race never ended. Bit of man in high castle vibes without the Nazis. I like it but I think it's being more grounded in reality makes it feel a little on the slow side compared to other sci-fi.

Comment

ooh loads of good sequels coming up including Constantine 2 way to drag it out..

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls52155604...list_seeks23_i

Prime did a really good Constantine series which just died let us hope this opens the purse strings for more.

Anyway working my way through walking dead 11 entitled "the dead have mortgages to pay" not as good as the early series'.

Railwayman on Prime, was slow but quite good

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2058107...ailway%2520man

Colin Firth & Nicole Kidman were excellent. It was a sensitive handling of the Burma railway and the consequences of the Japanese war crimes on soldiers building it.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Back to watching Boat Story.
        It's got quite a bit of dark humour, and you need to follow the story.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

BBC2 Monday 9pm: Julius Caesar: The Making of a Dictator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0gjlmkv

v.good

Comment

Are the missus and I alone in hardly ever watching the main channels (BBC1/2,ITV,Ch4,Ch5)? We spend more time on the Freeview Discovery channels (Quest, DMAX, Quest Red) than anything else.

Currently catching re-runs of the old Wheeler Dealer series (when it was at its best with Edd China) weekdays at 6pm on Quest.

Comment

Quest, DMAX, PBS, Talking Pictures TV, and the sheer insanity of Blaze with its Ancient Alien nutjobs, Oak Island total nutjobs, Skinwalker Ranch nutjobs: it's sheer nutjob heaven.

Though I did watch the latest Doctor Who epics to see if they were any better than Chibnall's efforts. Which they were.

The BBC programmes I watch tend to be Maigret from the glories of the B&W 1960s.

With the demise of Pick we no longer have the joys of the Australian customs and the confiscation of tons of Chinese frog fat or the NZ Highway & Motorway patrols.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 December 2023, 11:21.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Oak Island total nutjobs
                Never watched this. Read enough reviews to know to avoid. Haven't watched Blaze for about a year since they stopped showing Wicked Tuna, which IMO was the only half decent thing they had on.

Skinwalker Ranch nutjobs: it's sheer nutjob heaven.
                Watched first series but couldn't take any more.

With the demise of Pick we no longer have the joys of the Australian customs and the confiscation of tons of Chinese frog fat or the NZ Highway & Motorway patrols.
                Quest is currently showing Swedish customs, to be followed by Spain.

Watch a lot of Aussie Outback on Quest/DMAX (gold, opal, car hunters, truckers). Plus Alaska stuff (Deadliest Catch, Gold Divers).

Comment

For something quite different, it’s quite dark humour, and subtitled, but Kleo on Netflix is one of the best things I’ve watched this year (just don’t be tempted to watch it without the subtitles, as the voice acting is half the humour, if that makes sense!). Also Night Agent, if you like things like Homeland, etc.

Comment

Currently "The last secrets of the Third Reich" I seem to in a death spin with the Nazis, will probably watch "Hitler the rise of evil" again afterwards with that nice Robert Carlyle who keeps his hat on this time.

A few interesting points so far - Hitler was a tax evader and very rich for the time thanks to Mein Kampf. If only Germany had locked him up like Capone.

Oh and his family were partly Jewish or Mad. Hardly surprising.
                    Last edited by vetran; 19 December 2023, 18:56.

Comment

Tonight's offering was "Criminal" where Ryan Reynolds phoned it in, Bruce Willis stylee and left after 5 minutes. Kevin Costner & Tommy Lee Jones did the heavy lifting.

not terrible, some of it though did "a Scotty".

Comment

Working...
                      X