• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banned from FB

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banned from FB

Someone asked about controlling mosquitos in their garden. I replied with a Ripley meme "Nuke the site from orbit".

Now I've been thrown in FB jail for incitement to violence. Are these people clinically thick? Oh, and the appeal process doesn't work.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask chatgpt for its opinion.

If i were to suggest to one of my friends, that "nuking the site form orbit" would be the only way to be sure of dealing with a mosquito infestation, in your view would this violate the terms and conditions of facebook?
    Yes, suggesting to your friend that "nuking the site from orbit" would be the only way to deal with a mosquito infestation would likely violate Facebook's Community Standards. Facebook prohibits content that promotes or advocates for violence, including violent language or imagery, even if it is meant as a joke or satire.
    We're doomed.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

I got a temp ban for the same when I made a comment about the Bash Street Kids. FB appeared to think I was going round bashing kids on the street. I asked for it to be reviewed as they'd made a mistake as per the process and nothing came of it for me as well.

Fake profiles of women asking people to join their pages, outright nudity on some (just doing my due diligence first ), fake trolling profiles left right and centre and just get a response saying it doesn't violate guidelines when it clearly does but I get a ban for stating a comic characters name with no recourse. Utter shambles.

Ask ChatGPT if it could do a better job that the FB Ai and how much does it want to do the job?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Congratulations and celebrations you have been kicked off oldsters social media!
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Its a shame really but i guess thats how these things turn into echo chambers.

Comment

Huh, Facebook is still a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Huh, Facebook is still a thing.
            It is where the old farts still hang out

Coincidently Elon Musk tweeted this yesterday: "Censor not, lest ye be censored"
            Last edited by Fraidycat; 26 April 2023, 03:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
              It is where the old farts still hang out

<This text was removed by NAT>

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I am banned from Twitter because I jokingly threatened to kill my mate.

Comment

It's getting stupid with travesties such as the CH5 Anne Boleyn and BBC Great Expectations being deemed fine whilst being completely wrong but paintings by Stanley Spencer such as 'Love Among the Nations' branded racist and removed from view in case it offends. I watched the first episode of BBC Rain Dogs and lost 20 minutes of my life to blatantly offensive crap that was anything but funny. The Western World is heading down the toilet with the woke nonsense being foisted on us by manipulative fools

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                    It's getting stupid with travesties such as the CH5 Anne Boleyn and BBC Great Expectations being deemed fine whilst being completely wrong ...
                    I hope no one tells you about the Muppet Christmas Carol, might just push your blood pressure over the edge.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X