• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And they are going to publish it...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And they are going to publish it...

Panic over.

Sorry.

Penguin are going to republish Roald Dahl's full works later this year.

Puffin are going to have the cleansed version for children.

linky - https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b2288880.html

Oh and it is nothing to do with the Queen Consort.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 24 February 2023, 12:59. Reason: To add a link
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Maybe they could have cleansed versions of all books for wokes and have soiled versions, with only offensive stuff, for the rest of us.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Maybe they could have cleansed versions of all books for wokes and have soiled versions, with only offensive stuff, for the rest of us.
      Or even create filthified versions of innocent books. Every book to be published in three editions; Puffin for the kiddies, Penguin for the adults and Bonobo for the dirty old men/women.
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

It's nothing new. I was taught Gulliver's Travels in primary school and thoroughly enjoyed it.. Many years later I re-read the original version; there were quite a lot of "updates" that somehow got omitted from the first one! The difference now is that the primary school people are now twenty-year olds and a bunch of forty year old self-proclaimed mentors seem to think they need the same protection from harsh reality.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

Or even create filthified versions of innocent books. Every book to be published in three editions; Puffin for the kiddies, Penguin for the adults and Bonobo for the dirty old men/women.
          Fifty shades of Violet?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No such thing as bad advertising.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Last one sounds like my sort of thing. Although Adele Penguins are pervy gits too.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/14/pengui...erted-animals/
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                It's nothing new. I was taught Gulliver's Travels in primary school and thoroughly enjoyed it.. Many years later I re-read the original version; there were quite a lot of "updates" that somehow got omitted from the first one!
                Gulliver's Travels is an interesting one. Most of the adaptations only focus on the first 2 locations (Lilliput and Brobdingnag), so I was quite surprised when I read the book and found out about Laputa and the Houyhnhnms. I was also surprised that the "footnotes" (in an appendix) were longer than the actual novel! There were loads of political references that had gone completely over my head when I took the story at face value.

Comment

was quite surprised when I read the book and found out about Laputa and the Houyhnhnms
                  You may have a point. Will have to read it again if I can be *rsed. That's the problem with online comments generally, we all wade in with our opinions despite only having read a few headlines.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                  X