• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OFFICIAL 2023 fat club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFFICIAL 2023 fat club

There's been many fat club threads over the years but I'm starting a new one.

Who's aiming for a trimmer and/or fitter version of themselves?

I need to lose about 15 kg. I also need to sort out a dodgy shoulder and neck. Would like to get back into swimming.

Once I've finished all the mince pies...

I will join once I've got rid of my lurgy.

I need to get stronger and have more endurance.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm in, i need to get fatter.

Comment

I need to increase my weight to get a Disabled Parking Badge
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

This is the Official thread...

Comment

Happy 2023 everyone. I'm focusing more on gaining strength but would love to shed a bit of flab. Boringly not to look good or pick up chicky birds, but just to be functionality stronger.

I've picked up a subscription to Morsia training app and trying to follow that, after slowly building a bit of a home gym:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221227_173342932.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	4248061
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've got a home gym in my garage. Skipped couple weeks ever xmas etc but start again today. Do it 5 days a week.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I put on a lot of weight over a few years, but had good success a couple of years ago and shed well over three stone, mainly by tracking calories using myfitnesspal - nothing passed my lips till I'd logged it. At the same time I started running regularly again and it was great to see real progress. Have crept up a few pounds over last couple of months (not helped by a month of lurgy!) - am still well within target range, but will try and get rid of the extra few pounds - I know from experience that a pound or two a month adds up to a lot of blubber over a couple of years! Will see how January goes, then might start logging food again if it's not shifting.

Comment

A friend of mine has a guaranteed way to lose 10 stone. He's a divorce lawyer. (copyright Les Dawson...)

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I put on a lot of weight over a few years, but had good success a couple of years ago and shed well over three stone, mainly by tracking calories using myfitnesspal - nothing passed my lips till I'd logged it. At the same time I started running regularly again and it was great to see real progress. Have crept up a few pounds over last couple of months (not helped by a month of lurgy!) - am still well within target range, but will try and get rid of the extra few pounds - I know from experience that a pound or two a month adds up to a lot of blubber over a couple of years! Will see how January goes, then might start logging food again if it's not shifting.

I used MFP strictly for about a year, when I first made an effort to combat the effects of a sedentary lifestyle, noticing that "I never put on weight" had stopped being true and my 8st teenage body had 'ballooned' to 12st! I was going to guess "about 8 years back" then realised I can check the data. My peak was officially 29/4/15 when I'd dropped 20lb. I wanted to do better but fell off the wagon and today I'm 35lb heavier so a stone worse than I was when I created the MFP account a decade ago. I really hate calorie counting though
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X