• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OFFICIAL 2023 fat club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    I would massively encourage people looking to lose weight to start doing a weekly parkrun - 5km at 9am on Saturday mornings and there are over 700 locations around the uk you can do it at https://www.parkrun.org.uk/events/ (it's free)

A lot of people I've spoken to in the past are nervous about going for the first time as they think they'll be too slow or come last but the parkrun community is one of the most positive I've ever encountered. You will 100% not be last, even if you walk the whole thing - every parkrun has a 'tail walker' and generally has a good handful of people who walk it all.

It will give you a reason to get up on a saturday morning which promotes good habits for the rest of the weekend - just go once, see what time you get and then try to beat it by a few seconds the next week. All you need to do is register at https://www.parkrun.org.uk/register/ and save the bar code they give you (it can just be digital/screenshot of the email etc) and turn up to one

Changed my life
    +1 for parkrun. Love it, and if you go regularly you'll get to know people. I've done 426 of them - some fast (by my standards!), some very very slow. As pr1 says, don't wait till you think you're "fit enough", just turn up, and walk or walk/jog - there's nothing like starting the weekend with a PB when you break that time by a few seconds the following week! If you need to lose weight though, maybe pass on the cake that is inevitably on offer afterwards! I'm absolutely sure I wouldn't still be running if I hadn't found parkrun.

Comment

I used to be with the Hash House Harriers. Suited all sorts, as they laid a trail with flour. At footpath junctions the fittest would zoom off in all directions to find where the next bit of flour was, while the less fit could just stay at the junction and rest.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Must get round to using that Weight Watcher scales thing that measure weight, BMI, bone mass etc. Brought it ages ago and hardly ever used it. Last time I checked I was not overweight but at the top end of normal.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

2023 - let's go to the gym
          But it's new years day...
          I'll start tomorrow
          but its a bank holiday
          Good point
          I'll start 3rd
          but the gym is going to be rammed
          You probably won't be able to get anything done
          Good point
          I'll start next week...

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
            but the gym is going to be rammed
            You probably won't be able to get anything done
            Good point
            I'll start next week...
            Surely you have a fully fitted gym in your home, adjacent to the pool?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Surely you have a fully fitted gym in your home, adjacent to the pool?
              At the rate I am falling out with HMRC the only gym I will be using will be adjacent to HMP Belmarsh

Comment

I'm starting the Keto diet when the book arrives and I can start planning.

Signed up to 8 week yoga sessions, not great for weight loss but helps with my back.

Thinking about running again but might just be too old for all that and might settle for brisk walks.

Comment

First session of the year yesterday, my shoulders are not happy today!
                  I've gone with a muscle-building plan to start with which "advises you maintain a calorie surplus". I was already doing that part, sounds great.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Must put me cross trainer back in position in garage and have a bash tonight. Had to move it when a pipe burst during that freezy time.

PS Just to remind ladies on here that a big fat bottom is healthy. Scientifically proven!
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 4 January 2023, 13:52.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You should be able to get a badge because of your mental problems.
                      I agree. The mental problem being how to tolerate a imbecile named vetran
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X