• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just received my Notice of Intended Prosecution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Anyway this thread has just reminded be it's Christmas mobile roadside breathalyser time.
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The traffic officers I see tend to be sitting on the bonnet of their car, which is on the verge, with their arms folded in the sunshine smiling at everyone braking.

Anyway this thread has just reminded be it's Christmas mobile road camera time.
      Fake police car Turkey

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I got caught speeding twice this year.

First time they forgot to fill in the offence code on the NIP letter so had to let me off when they realised a few weeks later that the notice was invalid. Must of been the admin guy forgetting to select one of drop down menus. You would think all the important fields would be mandatory..

Second time I was 100 miles from home, no luck this time, did an online awareness course, £120.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
          I got caught speeding twice this year.

First time they forgot to fill in the offence code on the NIP letter so had to let me off when they realised a few weeks later that the notice was invalid. Must of been the admin guy forgetting to select one of drop down menus. You would think all the important fields would be mandatory..

Second time I was 100 miles from home, no luck this time, did an online awareness course, £120.
          That's a damn site better than points on your licence!

Btw, either "must have" or "must've" not "must of".
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I drove from Luton to Cambridge once about 1am. Dual carriageways most of the way - all with 40 limits. Most frustrating.

I never got a ticket while living in the UK. Had several around Europe - usually just over. France (and Germany I think) have virtual points for foreign registered cars - which can result in a ban.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Been three years since I got caught. Down a steep hill. Have to keep on the brakes all the way down to keep at 30mph blah blah but anyway got caught. I took speed awareness which was actually really good. So many people had no idea about the rule about the lights and even less knew what a dual carriage way is when talking about speed limits etc.

Interesting session and an eye opener to how many idiots are on the road. Obviously better not to ever need to go on one but if you've had your collar felt it wasn't bad.
              On that speed awareness did they ever mention how you are not supposed to stick to the middle lane doing 60mph in a 70mph area claiming "it's not a race" ? or to not cut into the inner lane on roundabouts and being super surprised when people driving in that lane use the horn? or to use indicators when using a roundabout?

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

On that speed awareness did they ever mention how you are not supposed to stick to the middle lane doing 60mph in a 70mph area claiming "it's not a race" ? or to not cut into the inner lane on roundabouts and being super surprised when people driving in that lane use the horn? or to use indicators when using a roundabout?
                Unfortuantely no. It was teaching people about roads and the law, not poor driving habits.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I look forward to tailgating, undertaking and mobile phone usage cameras. Half the Audi/BMW drivers would be off the road in weeks.

We have to celebrate speed cameras as they have changed behaviour on the road for the better.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

Following from my comment about difference between the law and poor driving. They had their hands full just educating people on the basics of roadcraft let alone poor driving. They put up a ton of pictures and quizzed the room. Two that were particularly eye opening was national speed limit on carriage ways. Most got the speed limit, 60 or 70 but couldn't properly identify a dual carriage way. Chevrons with hatched or solid lines escaped nearly 80% of the room.

He put up pictures like these and asked the room what to do.

Nearly everyone couldn't tell the difference and what to do between the two. They completely lost the nuance that the bounding white lines make the difference, not just that they are chevrons. You cannot cross a solid white line so you mustn't drive in to the chevrons where you can with the hatched one.

Also national speedlimit and carriage ways. They put pictures up and asked us to define them.

Something like just over half the room failed to realise the first one is a single carriage way so is not 70.

They then threw a curve ball in with the Aston Express way which changes lanes depending on time of day.

Nearly everyone said dual carriage way but it's not, it's still single carriage but it's actually signed 50 so slightly irrelevant to the 60 vs 70 issue.

So if people can't identify stuff like this they general driving behavoiur didn't make it on to the agenda.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Unfortuantely no. It was teaching people about roads and the law, not poor driving habits.
                      I thought it was now law that you could get points for middle lane hogging? It does frustrate me. I like to overtake them by moving from the inside to the outside lane (which they won't see as I'm behind them and that kind of driver doesn't use their mirrors to maintain situational awareness) and then move from the outside all the way back over to the inside lane in front of them (which they ought to see yet will probably ignore).

Comment

Working...
                      X