• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just received my Notice of Intended Prosecution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Point of order. Any road with streetlights at regular intervals is de facto a 30mph limit unless otherwise stated by relevant signage and repeaters. Why do you think there are NSL repeaters along urban motorways?
    Yes I am aware of that fact. The subtle change in street light pattern must have slipped my counting and measuring making it seem like I was still in the 40 zone.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Been three years since I got caught. Down a steep hill. Have to keep on the brakes all the way down to keep at 30mph blah blah but anyway got caught. I took speed awareness which was actually really good. So many people had no idea about the rule about the lights and even less knew what a dual carriage way is when talking about speed limits etc.

Interesting session and an eye opener to how many idiots are on the road. Obviously better not to ever need to go on one but if you've had your collar felt it wasn't bad.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Years ago I started a new role which involved testing the (almost) national speeding ticket system (VP/FPO) which was eventually replaced by the current FPN process (PentiP).

Was a new office, didn't know the area etc. so as a dedicated and professional software tester, the first thing I did was blow past a camera at 40ish in a 30; yep, software all worked correctly, and NIP duly arrived in the post

Comment

Plenty of roads appear too good for 30mph but have a 30 or 20MPH roundel hidden behind vegetation.

Sadly the mantra is that speed is the main cause of collisions

https://www.nimblefins.co.uk/cheap-c...r-accidents-uk

The figures don't support this.

We actually have very good stats regarding drink driving compared to the rest of Europe

https://www.nimblefins.co.uk/great-b...ing-statistics

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            For speeding. Considering I'm one of the most sensible slow drivers on the planet, it's quite funny really.
            Exceed the speed limit, just take your medicine and pay the fine. What do you want, sympathy or a medal for getting your 1st NIP?

Just pay it. There shouldnt be any appeals then 'Loophole Nick' wouldnt be so fecking rich.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Exceed the speed limit, just take your medicine and pay the fine. What do you want, sympathy or a medal for getting your 1st NIP?

Just pay it. There shouldnt be any appeals then 'Loophole Nick' wouldnt be so fecking rich.
              Paid it already. Not looking for sympathy, I need to be more vigilant to subtle 30 MPH zone and large tree trunks wide enough to obscure fat policemen.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Yes I am aware of that fact. The subtle change in street light pattern must have slipped my counting and measuring making it seem like I was still in the 40 zone.
                If you really thought you were in 40 mph zone then you’d be caught doing 47

Comment

For speeding. Considering I'm one of the most sensible slow drivers on the planet, it's quite funny really.
                  No chauffeur?

Comment

Paid it already. Not looking for sympathy, I need to be more vigilant to subtle 30 MPH zone and large tree trunks wide enough to obscure fat policemen.
                    What got you? It's more likely one of those parked up vans with the camera sticking out of the back rather than a traffic officer isn't it?

Agree with the vigilant. The last time I got caught on the long down hill the van was clearly visible way in the distance. I was quite surprised how far away it could get me but didn't clock it. I managed to rack up 9 points when I was a kid with a motorbike and a car and I said to the policeman on the desk I need to slow down. He said not really, you just need to be more vigilant. Refreshingly honest response I think.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The traffic officers I see tend to be sitting on the bonnet of their car, which is on the verge, with their arms folded in the sunshine smiling at everyone braking.

Anyway this thread has just reminded be it's Christmas mobile road camera time.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X