• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's got the biggest and smallest energy bills here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's got the biggest and smallest energy bills here?

Shell just updated me that my monthly DD has been raised to £1000 based on their estimates for usage over the next 4 months. My actual use for the last 2 years over this period suggest this is between 20-50% more than is likely (last winter was warm, the previous one rather chilly).
    I've written to them with my exact historical data (apparently I'm that guy now) so we'll see.

Boring stuff aside, can anyone beat this? Someone must live in a castle or something. And what about anyone living in a hermetically sealed eco-house, how low are your bills?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

£300 now.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Electric currently £120 a month, but I expect that's going to go to £150
      Oil will be about £200 a month this winter
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm with Shell Energy. I took out a three year fixed rate last year that runs to 30 November 2024 and it turns out the price I'm locked into is lower than the latest cap. So that's handy.

I pay 23.893 p/kWh for leccy and 5.536 p/kWh for gas

Comment

My direct debit has increased to £350pm

Comment

Not a clue. Only poor people worry about the cost of energy.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Consider charging more for each eighth of skunk you're pushing.

Comment

My DD is £140 p/m .... 5 bed house, but live alone so no one to complain to me that it's too cold. I cycle on a trainer most evenings, or do weights, so usually sweating my cobs off and rarely cold.

I can see this going up a bit over winter, maybe £180? Then back down again come late spring.

Just checked ... I'm in credit with them to the tune of £250 so that should cover some extra costs.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Consider charging more for each eighth of skunk you're pushing.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	code4food.gif
Views:	201
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	4238071
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Shell energy just put mine up to £150/month just electricity for a draughty big mansion but I'll probably not use that much. However I get more back from the solar PV FITS than the combined electricity and heating oil use for the year even with the recent increases. Me I'm energy neutral

Comment

Working...
                    X