• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's got the biggest and smallest energy bills here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in a 4 bed detached house in Scotland, built in 2006.

Family of 3. I'm with OVO for both gas and electricity, have a credit of £550 and my current DD is £140.

Higher than last year but could be worse.

I lived in victorian houses and old tenement flats in Glasgow and Edinburgh in the past. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Why do you want 8 men in a hot tub?
      Because when we were buying it six years ago, it was a cancelled order and cheaper than the smaller one we had been looking at but had more powerful jets and a speaker system,.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
        I live in a 4 bed detached house in Scotland, built in 2006.

Family of 3. I'm with OVO for both gas and electricity, have a credit of £550 and my current DD is £140.

Higher than last year but could be worse.
        I loss my tulip with my energy supplier and demanded my credit back
        THey tried to weasel out if it until I shamed them in public.

Then they recalculated my bills and without the price cap I should be paying now what they were charging me for 6 months.

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
        I
        I lived in victorian houses and old tenement flats in Glasgow and Edinburgh in the past. Never again.
        Where you ignorant enough to own them or was it just bad luck you ended up living in them?

Oh and the thing with the energy price comparisons is I never put my heating on until after the clocks go back as I'm in London. And even then I move around to work I the warmest room of my home depending on the time of day.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X