• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to move country thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to move country thread

Name your best pick and why

Well Scandinavia is lovely but you probably don't want to share a near border with Putin.
    The USA is always the obvious choice because no matter what you think, there is a state you will probably fit in, being effectively 50 different countries.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

NZ. It takes longer for the fallout to reach there. They've probly got stocks of iodine tablets too.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        NZ. It takes longer for the fallout to reach there. They've probly got stocks of iodine tablets too.
        and unlike Australia not everything wants to kill you.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          A nice place to retire to.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

NZ would be my first choice (if leaving this region)
            Canada or Australia would be the other two to make the list.

US - no way. I've spent too much time in various parts of it. Apart from the healthcare costs, it's full of heavily armed bigots
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              US - no way. I've spent too much time in various parts of it. Apart from the healthcare costs, it's full of heavily armed bigots
              A bit like Devon, then?

NZ would also be my first choice.

Comment

A newly independent Country of Yorkshire, similar GDP and population as Scotland but more industry and fewer government sector jobs. In fact why don't Scotland and Wales and London go their own way as I'm sure the rest of us will be quite happy looking after ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
                  Name your best pick and why
                  Choice for living in the EU, with ability to reach UK quickly, speaks English (sorta) - Ireland
                  For further afield, great outdoor lifestyle, safe, a long way from the nuclear warzone, speaks English (sorta) - New Zealand
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    NZ would be my first choice (if leaving this region)
                    Canada or Australia would be the other two to make the list.

so that's Switzerland out.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X