• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

The note left by Liam Byrne after Gordon Brown's less than successful stint as PM wasn't a joke!

Hth.
    I wonder what will be in Kwasi's letter.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I wonder what will be in Kwasi's letter.
      I'm off to spend my ill-gotten billions. Good luck....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
        I personally can't believe they managed to feck it all up this badly with one statement. I mean they have what like 50 financial / economic advisers in the government, so surely they were all against this "mini" feck up. How could you be so stupid to then go ahead anyway and crash the market, then go and hide in some hole for a week? anyone doing this anywhere in a normal job would get sacked immediately and here we are with the effects now most likely propagating into the property market and causing all sorts of feckery, yet those two muppets responsible are still in power.
        It's not a mistake. It's a smash and grab robbery while the pubic stand and watch. Any other country's citizens would be out on the streets protesting.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

It's not a mistake. It's a smash and grab robbery while the pubic stand and watch. Any other country's citizens would be out on the streets protesting.
          No, we save our anger for twitter when a celebrity says a nawtee word.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

If the vote in 2016 had gone the other way, it's very unlikely the dregs of the Tory party would have risen to the top.
            Boris has long been a party favourite, biding his time so I think it's likely he would have had a chance.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Boris has long been a party favourite, biding his time so I think it's likely he would have had a chance.
              We could have had the dregs of the Labour party instead - oh sorry not enough voters were that stupid.

I wonder how Comrade Magic Grandpa would have dealt with Russian aggression oh yes

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...arming-ukraine

Jeremy Corbyn has urged western countries to stop arming Ukraine, and claimed he was criticised over antisemitism because of his stance on Palestine, in a TV interview likely to underscore Keir Starmer’s determination not to readmit him to the Labour party.

“Pouring arms in isn’t going to bring about a solution, it’s only going to prolong and exaggerate this war,” Corbyn said. “We might be in for years and years of a war in Ukraine.”

Corbyn gave the interview on Al Mayadeen, a Beirut-based TV channel that has carried pro-Russia reporting since Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

“What I find disappointing is that hardly any of the world’s leaders use the word peace; they always use the language of more war, and more bellicose war.”
              Against that Camermoron, Maybot and Bojo look plausible.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

We seek him here, we seek him there and he's finally come out of hiding. Apparently we are having a "conversation" about growth with this fiscal statement.

Truss came out earlier today to speak to about 20 local radio stations as she didn't want a grilling. She failed to reaiise that local radio is a stepping stone to national radio.

Last edited by SueEllen; 29 September 2022, 16:22.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I thought it was the opposite? They said they would rob us a tiny bit less.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post

I thought it was the opposite? They said they would rob us a tiny bit less.
                    When you are emptying your own refuse bins, dodging rubbish and dog tulip on the pavement, having to change your car to an SUV, and can't stop at traffic lights, then yep you will feel richer behind your gated home with security guards.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      When you are emptying your own refuse bins, dodging rubbish and dog tulip on the pavement
                      That was the case with 50% tax rate in place - none of of the above requires more than a modest amount of council tax, which has gone up a lot too

Comment

Working...
                      X