• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something going on in Parliament - RIP QE2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I think people forget sometimes that real people are involved in all this ... not just queeny, but all her family. Sometimes we forget what it's like to lose a loved one, and somehow those feelings don't apply to celebrity types.
    Well said. I'll feel the same sympathy for her family as I will for other families of people I don't know who go through the same horrible experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I think people forget sometimes that real people are involved in all this ... not just queeny, but all her family. Sometimes we forget what it's like to lose a loved one, and somehow those feelings don't apply to celebrity types.
      ' been through this sort of thing many times however, there are always practicalities to consider. The royals have more support than the average family and they are trained and briefed what to expect and do from a very early age.

I have known people in the UK to die penniless and the wife has to rely on a local council grant for a cremation.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Given how she was described as being in "robust health" recently, and was able to stand up when meeting the new PM just 2 days ago, I wonder if she's had a massive stroke, which wouldn't surprise me at her age and the workload/stress she is under.
        She's old.

Old people can deteriorate extremely quickly.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

She's old.

Old people can deteriorate extremely quickly.
          Thanks for that. I will make a cup of tea.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Exactly 2 weeks ago, and I just made it just in time. My Dad in this case. We're currently planning his funeral, and I was wondering about how he'd feel about his event being overshadowed by Her Majesty passing. He'd probably think she timed it deliberately just to spite him. He'll be winking though, just as ever.
            If you are going to be upstaged the queen is a pretty good competitor!

Sorry for your loss.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

RIP Elizabeth II
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Queen is dead. Long live the King.

End of an era

Comment

slipped her 15th Prime Minister in before setting off!

What a trooper.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    The Queen is dead. Long live the King.

End of an era
                    Indeed.

On the subject of Kings however. Charles gets to choose the name he becomes monarch under from one of his four. Charles Philip Arthur George.

Anyone else secretly hoping for King Arthur?
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

End of an era
                      The end of several eras, one consecutive with the next.

Comment

Working...
                      X