• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something going on in Parliament - RIP QE2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

As a society we do seem very of the view "anything that isn't perfect should be torn down" of late. Maybe that's always how it's been and only now am I aware of it, but my default position tends to be not "if it's been this way for centuries it's OK" but "if it's been this way for centuries, nothing has changed in the last decade to suddenly invalidate it". When I say "default position" I am open to being convinced otherwise but if we start changing entrenched systems because they are not fully aligned with modern views, we'll never stop tearing them down and rewriting them such is the pace of change right now.

A point made - by Russell Brand of all people - that I found thought-provoking is that the death of the queen who has been such a symbol of constancy and lived through (or outlived) so many changes, will inevitably be a bit of a dam-breaking in terms of societal change and challenging established ways of thought.
    Its worrying when Russell Brand has a point instead of his best attempt is phoning up King Charles and claiming to have taken Meghan or Kate up the jacksie.

But he has hit it on the head, with change comes opportunity. Lets hope they take it.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
    X