• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something going on in Parliament - RIP QE2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the family all get together and find out in person before going public. Needs to be handled with propriety, and without the media onslaught that will inevitably happen.
    I'm guessing she went a couple of hours ago.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Let the family all get together and find out in person before going public. Needs to be handled with propriety, and without the media onslaught that will inevitably happen.
      That seems unlikely given the statement earlier:

https://www.royal.uk/statement-buckingham-palace

But she's obviously very ill.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

seriously this is a human being.
        So the lizard overlord rumours are untrue?

Comment

Many of us have had the coded phone call "you really need to get to see your mum/whoever right now" and I think that's more likely. I don't think they'd be making such a mad scramble to Scotland if she had already passed.

This is really going to screw with the filming of HIGNFY today - they hate a big story breaking while they are doing the show. Although of course should her majesty die the show will be cancelled along with everything else for the next fortnight.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            This is really going to screw with the filming of HIGNFY today - they hate a big story breaking while they are doing the show. Although of course should her majesty die the show will be cancelled along with everything else for the next fortnight.
            Could be good for Netflix subscription numbers

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Many of us have had the coded phone call "you really need to get to see your mum/whoever right now" and I think that's more likely. I don't think they'd be making such a mad scramble to Scotland if she had already passed.

Exactly 2 weeks ago, and I just made it just in time. My Dad in this case. We're currently planning his funeral, and I was wondering about how he'd feel about his event being overshadowed by Her Majesty passing. He'd probably think she timed it deliberately just to spite him. He'll be winking though, just as ever.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It could be that "she went" earlier this morning.

However Royal Protocol and all that.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  It could be that "she went" earlier this morning.

However Royal Protocol and all that.

qh
                  It quite easy to keep someone breathing and keep the heart going for a few hours. My guess is she will go at 2am tomorrow morning.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think people forget sometimes that real people are involved in all this ... not just queeny, but all her family. Sometimes we forget what it's like to lose a loved one, and somehow those feelings don't apply to celebrity types.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Given how she was described as being in "robust health" recently, and was able to stand up when meeting the new PM just 2 days ago, I wonder if she's had a massive stroke, which wouldn't surprise me at her age and the workload/stress she is under.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X