• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something going on in Parliament - RIP QE2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

You must live in some competence utopia, where is it please?
    Same place as you. You just have to wait a while to find it...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
      weeping on the carpet watching Nicholas Witchell
      I defy you to watch Nicholas Witchell for more than a few minutes and not end up in that state.

Comment

The country has turned into North Korea

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
          The country has turned into North Korea
          Ironically, you wouldn't be allowed to say that in NK. A bit silly really.

Some pretty powerful speeches from former PMs in the Commons, insightful as they were the ones who saw her often and had those candid conversations.

This 96 gun salute is going to take a while though.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Unofficial bank holiday 19th September (suspect public offices closed)
            International Talk Like A Pirate day!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Oh and there is no sport today - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e-to-the-queen

Fixtures look back on this weekend.
              Cancelled the Bristol/Bath rugby game tonight and rescheduled for tomorrow. I can't make tomorrow but thankfully I can sell the ticket back to them.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
                All prem games off, really pointless IMO - what are we supposed to do, sit around weeping on the carpet watching Nicholas Witchell?
                Particularly annoying as a season ticket holder with a game that will now doubtless be rearranged for midweek which are a massive pain in the backside with young kids (who come with me).
                Have to agree ... can't see why the games couldn't continue, but with a 96 seconds silence at the start. Does seem a bit silly to cancel everything .... life unfortunately does go on when people die. Stopping everything doesn't bring them back, I tried.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Liz Truss has just met the King. Let's hope he survives the weekend.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Liz Truss has just met the King. Let's hope he survives the weekend.
                    He can cope with difficult women.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      Is it quite sad, and you could say she worked right up to the end, royal duty and all that.
                      This is the same woman who spent £12m of taxpayer's money to bail out her paedophile son, so let's not get too dewy-eyed.

Comment

Working...
                      X