• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something going on in Parliament - RIP QE2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been informed that I will be paid for the queens funeral but not have to work!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Quite interesting to have the news coverage on in the background. What an incredibly weird thing it must be for Charles and the kids to be processing in this way, and all the other pomp and ceremony that is happening. Seeing it live brings it home a bit more.
      He's moody old git

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        He's moody old git
        He's just lost his mother, which is a stressful time for anyone. He's got a brother that has questionable sexual practices and a son(?) whose wife is either the personification of evil or trying to do the right thing (or maybe somewhere in-between, but that doesn't sell papers).

I'd give him a break (although I'd not give him a break for his off-shoring of businesses to avoid tax)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

He's just lost his mother, which is a stressful time for anyone. He's got a brother that has questionable sexual practices and a son(?) whose wife is either the personification of evil or trying to do the right thing (or maybe somewhere in-between, but that doesn't sell papers).

I'd give him a break (although I'd not give him a break for his off-shoring of businesses to avoid tax)
          I agree. It's hard enough losing a parent, extra hard when you have such a public job to do at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            He's moody old git
            Wow, he was grumpy because a pen leaked ink all over his and his wife's hands... who wouldn't be? Lucky he didn't drop an F bomb
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I was thinking I'm very glad I didn't have to do any of that when my parents died... really in at the deep end schedule-wise with huge crowds of public and media albeit being respectful but still. Of course he's not new to this and has been preparing for it for years but I was struck that he had to jet back to London to start the rigmarole and make a public speech while his mum was still warm.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I was thinking I'm very glad I didn't have to do any of that when my parents died... really in at the deep end schedule-wise with huge crowds of public and media albeit being respectful but still. Of course he's not new to this and has been preparing for it for years but I was struck that he had to jet back to London to start the rigmarole and make a public speech while his mum was still warm.
                Shipping your kids off to boarding school is not warm mothering.

Comment

Why, is that illegal?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Different families operate in different ways. Just because boarding school isn't right for your family, doesn't mean it's not right for others.

A friend of HWMBOs who lives in Oz sent her son to boarding school because where they live the round trip to drop off / collect every day would take hours. I would never say she wasn't a warm mother.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

If you're going to make cruel jokes, try to make them funny. But perhaps just follow this advice:

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Feel free to create a separate thread about how awful Queen Elizabeth was and the Royal Family in general is. But no more of that here.
                      Or you could create a thread about your experiences at boarding school (some sort of erotic memoir?)

Comment

Working...
                      X