• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to Gilead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

yes drinking significant amounts of alcohol will affect the baby or yes its technically possible but unwise?
    I'm unclear on LM's reply also - and it's a genuine question as I don't know the law here. There are circumstances social services will take your baby away but I'm not sure if this is one of them.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Interesting case here, concerning Malta. https://www.euronews.com/2022/06/23/...fe-say-doctors

Despite her 16-week-old foetus no longer being viable and the acute risks to her life, doctors told Prudente, 38, from the Seattle area, she could not have an abortion as it is illegal in Malta, according to Weeldreyer.

He said staff at Mater Dei hospital in Msida informed them that she must instead wait until her foetus' heartbeat stops or there is an imminent risk to her life before it can be removed
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Interesting case here, concerning Malta. https://www.euronews.com/2022/06/23/...fe-say-doctors

Yes, fortunately she was American and had good travel health insurance - they flew her to Spain to get the procedure done.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

What a hear breaking story. Poor couple. The horrific outcome they are having to deal with and then have to argue to detail over and over again because of the legal situation. I mean, 'wait until the heartbeat has stopped'. Jesus wept. What a conversation to be having with them at that time.
          I'm absolutely rubbish with people and empathy but I couldn't even bear to finish reading the article.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

yes drinking significant amounts of alcohol will affect the baby or yes its technically possible but unwise?
            Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I'm unclear on LM's reply also - and it's a genuine question as I don't know the law here. There are circumstances social services will take your baby away but I'm not sure if this is one of them.
            Apologies, I misread the original question.

I meant, I personally would consider it child abuse considering the impact it has on the child. I have no idea what the legalities are.

I can't see how breast feeding a child after drinking a pint of vodka is any different to directly giving a child vodka to drink. Other than making it a bit more palatable.

For mothers with drugs / alcohol issues, they need to be able to access baby formula so as not to put their children at risk.

Comment

I already posted that.

You also read it when I give some of the circumstances why you shouldn't ban abortion.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

How likely is a woman who is a heavy substance abuser to breast feed?

Breast feeding is not the main way of feeding babies in the UK unless you are in certain demographics. (Most of the women on here would fall into those demographics.)
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I already posted that.

You also read it when I give some of the circumstances why you shouldn't ban abortion.
                  you know the discussion is not binary?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

How likely is a woman who is a heavy substance abuser to breast feed?

Breast feeding is not the main way of feeding babies in the UK unless you are in certain demographics. (Most of the women on here would fall into those demographics.)
                    sadly I suspect its far too common

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Apologies, I misread the original question.

I meant, I personally would consider it child abuse considering the impact it has on the child. I have no idea what the legalities are.

I can't see how breast feeding a child after drinking a pint of vodka is any different to directly giving a child vodka to drink. Other than making it a bit more palatable.

For mothers with drugs / alcohol issues, they need to be able to access baby formula so as not to put their children at risk.
                      agree

Comment

Working...
                      X