• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to Gilead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

How likely is a woman who is a heavy substance abuser to breast feed?

Breast feeding is not the main way of feeding babies in the UK unless you are in certain demographics. (Most of the women on here would fall into those demographics.)
    I'm not sure how relevant this is to the question. It might not be the norm but there are certainly drug users and alcoholics who breastfeed - for one thing it's a lot cheaper than formula so this leaves more money for substances.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I'm not sure how relevant this is to the question. It might not be the norm but there are certainly drug users and alcoholics who breastfeed - for one thing it's a lot cheaper than formula so this leaves more money for substances.
      Well if you know any and have proof report them to social services. Though don't be surprised if social services have them on their radar anyway.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

What a hear breaking story. Poor couple. The horrific outcome they are having to deal with and then have to argue to detail over and over again because of the legal situation. I mean, 'wait until the heartbeat has stopped'. Jesus wept. What a conversation to be having with them at that time.
        I'm absolutely rubbish with people and empathy but I couldn't even bear to finish reading the article.
        In another article, one of the chief Maltese doctors, interviewed by Maltese TV, questioned the validity of her attending doctor's decision and interpretation of the law.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Well if you know any and have proof report them to social services. Though don't be surprised if social services have them on their radar anyway.
          So it is considered abuse as far as you're aware?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X