• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to Gilead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

So apparently are little children if they aren't baptised - well according to religious nuts.

On Linkedin which is becoming more Facebooky by the day Roe V Wade has larger implications than just abortion. Its dependence on privacy and self determination preclude other acts by government against an individual. I wonder is this realistic have they thrown the baby out with the bath water?

Personally I think on demand abortion for social reasons after 12 weeks should carefully regulated, for health and criminal abuse reasons abortion makes a lot of sense.
    If you have highly irregular periods, or have not yet had your first period, it's entirely possible to go more than three months without knowing you're pregnant. There are so many edge cases due to individual biology and general circumstances. Whilst I'm sure you mean well, I would rather any recommendation about regulation came from a multi-racial panel of female medical professionals.

Comment

the accusation in the UK was this was done by Fax in some cases.
      I don't think the requirement was that both doctors had to see you in person. One doctor could see you, consult with a second and get sign off that way.

Considering doctors don't like seeing their patients in person any more, that's definitely a moot accusation nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

If you have highly irregular periods, or have not yet had your first period, it's entirely possible to go more than three months without knowing you're pregnant. There are so many edge cases due to individual biology and general circumstances. Whilst I'm sure you mean well, I would rather any recommendation about regulation came from a multi-racial panel of female medical professionals.
        Pregnancy tests at 2 for £1 (or free on the NHS) and 99% accurate. If you are having sex then take a test if you are suspicious.

According to the NHS your period should start by the time you are 16 if not ask a doctor.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/period...0are%20natural.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...s/art-20047940

Well as the male may well have an investment in the offspring I am so glad you feel you can dismiss them out of hand. The mans right to choose is valid if a forgotten or disparaged right. If we are going multi racial lets have multi denominational?

I said heavily regulated not banned, currently in the uk abortion is on demand with little support.

Now the people I know that have had an abortion both male & female (in this case it takes two to tango and potential fathers are frequently involved but ignored) it has affected them massively. More regulation including both doctors examining the mother(via zoom if they wish) is a healthy step. I can't see why anyone would disagree.

As 98.1% are performed under ground C, The vast majority (99.9%) of abortions carried out under ground C alone were reported as being performed because of a risk to the woman's mental health unless every pregnant woman is nuts it is clearly based on maternal choice.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...and-wales-2020

In 2020, 42% of women undergoing abortions had had one or more previous abortions. The proportion has increased steadily from 34% in 2010 (Table 3a.ix and Table 4b).
        There is large variation in rates of repeat abortions across local authorities. The proportion of women who had a repeat abortion in 2020 ranged from 19% (City of London) to 51% (Croydon).
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Blah

Stop mansplaining.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So apparently are little children if they aren't baptised - well according to some religious nuts.
            FTFY.

One of my daughter's friends wanted to keep her baby when she got pregnant in the middle of her college education. It turns out if you exercise your right to choose to keep the baby, there's not a great deal of support available. That should be addressed. By both sides of the debate.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Stop mansplaining.
              sorry if you think quoting facts is mansplaining you can see why you lose the argument!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                FTFY.

One of my daughter's friends wanted to keep her baby when she got pregnant in the middle of her college education. It turns out if you exercise your right to choose to keep the baby, there's not a great deal of support available. That should be addressed. By both sides of the debate.

Definitely and more support for contraception again that SOME religious nuts are against.

Comment

sorry if you think quoting facts is mansplaining you can see why you lose the argument!
                  You weren't quoting facts you were being patronising in your response to a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    FTFY.

I was reading a indie article along those lines earlier today.

It appears this is the true reason -
                    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...emar-rcna35359

U.S. Rep. Mary Miller immediately drew fierce backlash on social media and elsewhere at a Saturday night rally with former President Donald Trump when she credited him for the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade calling it a “victory for white life.”

“I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday,” Miller said, then raised her arms in an animated clap amid cheers from the crowd, which numbered in the thousands on a sweltering day in West Central Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You weren't quoting facts you were being patronising in your response to a woman.
                      I pointed out you & others had excluded men who do have an input, sadly your sexism is apalling, dismissing the other parent from the discussion is offensive to us men.

I then quoted facts which highlighted that it is sadly 'on demand' and needs reform.

You then used a sexist insult to dismiss me.

Why don't you get back in the kitchen? It is obviously far too complex an argument for your pretty little head!

Comment

Working...
                      X