• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racist SUVs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racist SUVs

not the brightest tools in the boot

"In addition, air pollution is racist; people of colour live in areas more likely to be exposed to toxic air. SUV drivers tend to be richer, and therefore tend to be white.
    need to come to Sluff the SUV owners are almost all people of colour. By the way race of the driver doesn't affect their parking ability its still tulip.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co....burgh-26429680

One of the women who was impacted shared a photo of her electric Mercedes-Benz EQC on Twitter, urging the group to "think before you act."

She wrote: "You let down my tyres and I didn't notice until I started driving with my three children in my car. My car is fully electric.

"We also had a child that required to be at the hospital for an appointment in the city. Thankfully we had a second car."
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    not the brightest tools in the boot
    need to come to Sluff the SUV owners are almost all people of colour.
    By racist they mean racist against the poor Blacks.

Sluff has lots of Browns. Like Indians. Hard working, misers mostly except maybe when it comes to posing with houses and cars, never seen any of my first generation Indian relatives spend much on clothes.

I dont know about the UK but figures from the US, the Indians earn the most on average of all races by far.

US Median Household Income by detailed ancestry from wikipedia
    1 Indian 150,705
    2 Taiwanese 102,405
    White ancestry households come in at around $78,000 median income

Comment

Leaving aside the irrelevant racism stuff, it's a pity so many people drive these ridiculously large cars. Over several decades cars have become much more efficient but much of the fuel saving has been thrown away with the increase in average car size.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

By racist they mean racist against the poor Blacks.
        Which racism would you prefer?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Which racism would you prefer?
          none.

As Fraidycat points out other ethnic minorities are achieving more than whites. those of recent African (and certain other areas) need to have a good look at their competitors and work out why they are not succeeding in the same way.

Comment

none.

As Fraidycat points out other ethnic minorities are achieving more than whites. those of recent African (and certain other areas) need to have a good look at their competitors and work out why they are not succeeding in the same way.
            Yep. Its the first thing mentioned when debating white privilege. The Asian Americans are well documented to be outperforming everyone else so blows a hole in most ill prepared white privilege arguments. The reasons the black community are not succeeding is very well documented as well. Main one is the single parent households and it's widely argued that it's culture that's the problem not race. And so the debate rumbles on.....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

none.

"Asians are really good at maths" and other stereotypes are also racist tropes. If we are talking recent immigrants that surely the big differentiator is the system/culture they were raised in not "taking a look at yourself".

White privilege isn't really about being white or black or whatever, it's simply statistics that says "in this country, this group has an advantage/disadvantage". It doesn't care about why that is, it's just a metric.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

"Asians are really good at maths" and other stereotypes are also racist tropes. If we are talking recent immigrants that surely the big differentiator is the system/culture they were raised in not "taking a look at yourself".

White privilege isn't really about being white or black or whatever, it's simply statistics that says "in this country, this group has an advantage/disadvantage". It doesn't care about why that is, it's just a metric.
                The problem with facts is they don't care what you think. The facts clearly show being poor & white means you will probably under perform in the uk education system . Being Black means you may perform worse than south Asians & orientals.

White privilege is just an excuse to avoid tackling the reasons for failure. Lets just deal with the problems not blame other people.

Comment

The problem with facts is they don't care what you think. The facts clearly show being poor & white means you will probably under perform in the uk education system . Being Black means you may perform worse than south Asians & orientals.
                  Exactly. Middle-class privilege is also a thing in the UK. White privilege is more of a US thing though not solely.

White privilege is just an excuse to avoid tackling the reasons for failure. Lets just deal with the problems not blame other people.
                  You have that entirely backwards. It's not an excuse or an explanation, it's simply showing demographic-related differences. A lot of this may be classified broadly as "sins of the father" - if your family is disadvantaged for whatever reason (north/south, black/white, rich/poor, etc) then their children are disadvantaged. You need to identify which demographics this is to try and break the cycle of generational deprivation.

Comment

Being poor/white/green/ polkadot/Somalian/whatever-you-fancy-this-week does not make you educationally disadvantaged. It's parental influence and peer pressure as much as anything does that. If you don't have a work ethic to drive you to achieve, or fear ridicule from the bigger boys if you are good at something non-physical, or believe you can have anything you fancy without effort, then you will fail regardless of where you sit in the demography of the country.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X