• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Dr Who announced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    I thought Dr Who was only supposed to have twelve regenerations?
    Nope https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regene...ons_in_a_cycle
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

So when the script is bad he will just walk around topless to distract people?
      Looks like an enormous cock drawn on his chest.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A child refugee making good, who would have believed it, and from Rwanda too. I wonder what Pritti thinks of all this
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          A child refugee making good, who would have believed it, and from Rwanda too. I wonder what Pritti thinks of all this
          Shows you how well Rwanda works?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Gammons go berserk about a Black and Gay Dr Who
            Click image for larger version

Name:	FSTQCQhWQAEPQrh?format=jpg.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	4217035

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Seems that during auditions, they already thought they'd found their man, then he came on with his audition and blew them away. May someone who's watched Sex Eductation can tell us if he can act.
              Have watched Sex Education ... yep, he can act. Next.

Oh, I get it ... some on here are skirting the edges on why he might not be suitable, but trying to avoid their real objections
              Last edited by Whorty; 10 May 2022, 16:35.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The techies keeping the Daily Mail comments forums running are going to have their work cut out
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Have watched Sex Education ... yep, he can act. Next.

Oh, I get it ... some are here are skirting the edges on why he might not be suitable, but trying to avoid their real objections
                  Personally I think it is totally irrelevant. The idea of "acting" is you adopt a persona to portray a story. Who you are, what orientation, what colour you identify with, what sex you choose, whatever, is pretty much irrelevant if you're doing the job properly.

Snag is, people will insist on making these things matter, which is really sad. It is no different than the average TV critic being unable to separate the actor from the character they portray and reporting their new character in terms of their last notable one. Actors are NOT their characters, else right now I'd be practicing medicine in Alabama...

But that apart, Doctor Who is not there to preach any particular line about the LGBTQ+XYZ spectrum. I fear that will happen though, especially with Mr Davis in charge.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

There's always been a higher proportion of gay people in the performing arts. The BBC is being perfectly representative. Anyway, they missed "disabled".
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Seems that during auditions, they already thought they'd found their man, then he came on with his audition and blew them away. May someone who's watched Sex Eductation can tell us if he can act.
                      I am curious who they were going to pick until he turned up.

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      Gammons go berserk about a Black and Gay Dr Who
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	FSTQCQhWQAEPQrh?format=jpg.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	4217035
                      Why are people saying he's gay anyway, it didn't seem to be something that he's said, unless I missed it? It wouldn't mean the Doctor is suddenly gay if the actor is, after all he's been married to a lady. But then became a lady him(?)self.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X