• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Smith punches Chris Rock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Kind of makes sense ... Rock has attacked Jada multiple times. So I get that Smith is saying, you're not man enough to warrant me punching you, as you only attack women.
    Rock pointing out that Jada wasn't invited to the Oscars when she announced to all and sundry that she wasn't going is not an insult. At the time Ms Pinkett-Smith was a TV actress and therefore would not have been invited in her own right - her cuckolded husband was invited and Ms Pinkett-Smith would possibly have been his plus one. How is pointing this out an insult?

Word to the wise, if your wife goes wandering then she ain't your wife no more - she some other mofo's sweet sugar!
    Last edited by Zigenare; 29 March 2022, 07:00.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Rock pointing out that Jada wasn't invited to the Oscars when she announced to all and sundry that she wasn't going is not an insult. At the time Ms Pinkett-Smith was a TV actress and therefore would not have been invited - her cuckolded husband was invited and Ms Pinkett-Smith would possibly have been his plus one.

Word to the wise, if your wife goes wandering then she ain't your wife no more.
      You seem a smidge bitter about his wife playing away ... too close to home for you by any chance?

As for my wife going wondering, unless there is an after life and she meets Heath Ledger, I think I'm ok on that front.

But as I said, Rock is a dick for taking the p*ss over her illness that she has no control over. Had he mentioned her affair, rubbish shows or some such then fair do's, as she had control and choice over that, but for me someone's illness is off limits (unless you suffer from the same). So, if Rock also suffered from alopecia (sic, can't be bothered to check spelling) and joked that they could both be in GI Jane 2, that would have been OK .... but he doesn't so he's a dick and a bully.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You seem a smidge bitter about his wife playing away ... too close to home for you by any chance?

As for my wife going wondering, unless there is an after life and she meets Heath Ledger, I think I'm ok on that front.

But as I said, Rock is a dick for taking the p*ss over her illness that she has no control over. Had he mentioned her affair, rubbish shows or some such then fair do's, as she had control and choice over that, but for me someone's illness is off limits (unless you suffer from the same). So, if Rock also suffered from alopecia (sic, can't be bothered to check spelling) and joked that they could both be in GI Jane 2, that would have been OK .... but he doesn't so he's a dick and a bully.
        No problems on that score, thanks for your concern though.

Just for the record, Alopecia isn't usually a serious medical condition.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Not physically no .... and for most men probably not emotionally/mentally either. But you ask a woman how she is if she loses her hair and you may be surprised. Or are you an expert on mental health?

You seem devoid of empathy of how that 'joke' could have impacted Jada and why Smith reacted the way he did.

Comment

No medically it isn't, but if yo are a woman whose looks are important to her (which is 99.99% of them) it is debilitating psychologically and something you are very sensitive about. Some third rate comic making snide comments about it is not welcome.

You, incidentally, are highlighting the whole problem. This idea that anything is a valid source for a joke, regardless of how hurtful, damaging or plain nasty, has become acceptable under the heading of "humour". A genius - Lenny Bruce or Robin Williams for example - can get away with it because they were making a valid point. Smug morons like Gervais and Rock can because they are allowed to, not because they are adding anything of value.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If your only reply is to raise your fists then you have already lost the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                If your only reply is to raise your fists then you have already lost the argument.
                He didn't, he slapped him, and not very hard. A totally different message.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Word to the wise, if your wife goes wandering then she ain't your wife no more - she some other mofo's sweet sugar!
                  Some men just love to play Captain Save-A-Hoe.

Most women are worth defending, but no her type.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61906399.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	4211459

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Some men just love to play Captain Save-A-Hoe.

Most women are worth defending, but no her type.
                    What type is that?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                      So do you think it's acceptable for Rock to mock a woman who has lost her hair due to alopecia? Or only if she's famous and had an affair as that makes her fair game?

Comment

Working...
                      X