• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Smith punches Chris Rock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Presumably Rock and Jada are relative strangers .... so let's extrapolate. We all meet at a CUK drink, and I decide to be (even more of) a dick and in front of the rest of the CUK group take the piss out of your wife in a really nasty way. You'd just stand there would you?

I wouldn't have done with Rachel, but maybe me and Will Smith are in the minority, but I doubt it.
    I would tell you that you are out of order (probably something a bit more harsh), now if you continue to be a dick I would leave with the wife. Because I don't want to end up in prison for the night at the very least, or charged with murder because I punched you and you fell on your head. Or even worse you punch me and I fall on my head and die and leave my wife on her own.

I would leave with my wife and take the piss out of you for the rest of the night, whilst we enjoy the rest of the evening, leaving you to behave like a dick with other people.

If I lost my temper and hit you I would be deeply ashamed of myself to allow someone behaving like a dick to dictate my behaviour and actions. To allow someone to control me like that really would be an indication of real stupidity.

If you attacked my wife physically like most men I would do my utmost to hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Did he actually punch the guy, as in attempted to deck him?

I read it was a slap, which to my mind is more of a token gesture to show his disapproval
      Watch the clip. A slap but not a limp-wristed attempt at least the way it looks, though some initially thought it was a fake-acting-slap
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Not if he's in prison at the time....
        Was the bloke he was sharing a cell with picking up the soap at the time?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I would tell you that you are out of order (probably something a bit more harsh), now if you continue to be a dick I would leave with the wife. Because I don't want to end up in prison for the night at the very least, or charged with murder because I punched you and you fell on your head. Or even worse you punch me and I fall on my head and die and leave my wife on her own.

I would leave with my wife and take the piss out of you for the rest of the night, whilst we enjoy the rest of the evening, leaving you to behave like a dick with other people.

If I lost my temper and hit you I would be deeply ashamed of myself to allow someone behaving like a dick to dictate my behaviour and actions. To allow someone to control me like that really would be an indication of real stupidity.

If you attacked my wife physically like most men I would do my utmost to hurt you.
          To be fair, I'd have probably told him to shut up first, and punched him second ... but we have to remember here that it was Rock out of order by making a joke out of her illness and he deserves no sympathy.

Had Rock joked about their open marriage/affairs, sh*t films she was in, sh*t films Smith has been in etc that would be different, but I would never allow anyone to have a go at Rachel over her illness and I would assume most partners (male or female) would be the same.

I stutter, sometimes quite badly, and have had people mock me but they'd only do it once if Rach was around as she would defend me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Ah well at least we now know which part of the Bible is redundant for you:

What is the meaning of Matthew 5 39?
            This is the second verse of the antithesis on the command: "eye for an eye". In one of the most famous verses in the New Testament, Jesus here rejects revenge and retaliation, instead telling his followers to turn the other cheek.
            What is the meaning of Kenneth Rogers

"I promised you, Dad, not to do the things you've done
            I walk away from trouble when I can
            Now please don't think I'm weak, I didn't turn the other cheek
            And Papa, I should hope you understand
            Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man"
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

To be fair, I'd have probably told him to shut up first, and punched him second ... but we have to remember here that it was Rock out of order by making a joke out of her illness and he deserves no sympathy.

Had Rock joked about their open marriage/affairs, sh*t films she was in, sh*t films Smith has been in etc that would be different, but I would never allow anyone to have a go at Rachel over her illness and I would assume most partners (male or female) would be the same.

I stutter, sometimes quite badly, and have had people mock me but they'd only do it once if Rach was around as she would defend me.
              Chris Rock's joke about her in 2016:
              During the stand-up star’s blistering opening monologue, he took aim at the Gotham star’s decision to boycott the event over the diversity row.

“Jada said she’s not coming,” said Rock.

“I was like, ‘Isn’t she on a TV show?’ Jada’s gonna boycott the Oscars? Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties. I wasn’t invited!”
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

During the stand-up star’s blistering opening monologue, he took aim at the Gotham star’s decision to boycott the event over the diversity row.

“I was like, ‘Isn’t she on a TV show?’ Jada’s gonna boycott the Oscars? Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties. I wasn’t invited!”
                Seems Rock has an issue with Will Smith, and is using Jada as a way to get at Will. Slap deserved. Maybe Rock will keep his gob shut in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

With regards to Will Smith, I wonder if he still slaps Jada about like that or if he's stopped since the therapy.
                  That was my thought.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

And, what's your point?

You are aware that the Oscars recognise achievements in the film industry, don't you?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Seems Rock has an issue with Will Smith, and is using Jada as a way to get at Will. Slap deserved. Maybe Rock will keep his gob shut in future.
                      Maybe Chris Rock will continue being a comedian. One thing is for sure, the smooth, debonaire Will Smith has demonstrated his lack of control, wit and intelligence.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X