• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Smith punches Chris Rock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

What if instead of slapping Will pulled a knife and stabbed him?

But he didn't. And it wasn't.

People who don't defend their wives should be looking at themselves.
    Will Smith punches Chris Rock because he only lets other men sleep with his wife, not joke about her!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The audience figures for the Oscars has been plummeting for years, it's close to irrelevance.

The slap was clearly staged to get everyone talking about the show again, it just demonstrates how desperate they've become for attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Surely you know in society, if a woman has sex she's a sl@g and deserves everything she gets but if a bloke does it he's a hero?

There is reason for that.

An average women can go out and get sex on tap every night.

An average looking bloke its a lot harder to pull.

Comment

Defend her from what exactly? The way your phrase it sounds like Chris Rock was giving her a hiding.

I would defend my wife to the death if she was being attacked physically.

I struggle with your perspective and opinion, really do. It's probably why we have laws to stop people with your views going around assaulting people because of your hurt feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

We are talking about 2 people who aren't average so neither has a problem.

So why, in your view, is Jada Smith a sl@g and Will Smith not one?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Wow ... sounds like you're a below average looking bloke who doesn't get any, and blames women for it. I'm sure there's a little group you can join of similar men, you'd have a lot in common
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Ah well at least we now know which part of the Bible is redundant for you:

What is the meaning of Matthew 5 39?
                This is the second verse of the antithesis on the command: "eye for an eye". In one of the most famous verses in the New Testament, Jesus here rejects revenge and retaliation, instead telling his followers to turn the other cheek.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Defend her from what exactly? The way your phrase it sounds like Chris Rock was giving her a hiding.

I would defend my wife to the death if she was being attacked physically.

I struggle with your perspective and opinion, really do. It's probably why we have laws to stop people with your views going around assaulting people because of your hurt feelings.
                  Presumably Rock and Jada are relative strangers .... so let's extrapolate. We all meet at a CUK drink, and I decide to be (even more of) a dick and in front of the rest of the CUK group take the piss out of your wife in a really nasty way. You'd just stand there would you?

I wouldn't have done with Rachel, but maybe me and Will Smith are in the minority, but I doubt it.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Surely you know in society, if a woman has sex she's a sl@g and deserves everything she gets but if a bloke does it he's a hero?
                    Not if he's in prison at the time....
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Did he actually punch the guy, as in attempted to deck him?

I read it was a slap, which to my mind is more of a token gesture to show his disapproval
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X