• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are the plebs watching movies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's because it's a load of crap. I have no idea why so much fuss is made over Dan Brown.
    It's worse than that Jim. DBs 'novel' was a cheap plagiarised version of Umberto Echo's Foucalts Pendulum. Which had the original shock horror revelation regarding the messiah. It's also far better written with a great deal of historical fact thrown in for good measure. I think Tom Hanks bought the rights to the wrong book.

Comment

Is it worth getting a VPN for Netflix?

I've lost count of how many times I've re-watched Parks and Rec, The Good Place, need some fun, quality casual stuff to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Is it worth getting a VPN for Netflix?

I've lost count of how many times I've re-watched Parks and Rec, The Good Place, need some fun, quality casual stuff to watch.
        I've always struggled getting it to work. It either knows you're on a VPN or doesn't actually seamlessly switch region to match your VPN. Last time we actually went abroad, Netflix kept us on UK as an automatic "holiday mode" though that may have changed.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I've always struggled getting it to work. It either knows you're on a VPN or doesn't actually seamlessly switch region to match your VPN. Last time we actually went abroad, Netflix kept us on UK as an automatic "holiday mode" though that may have changed.
          same with Amazon.
          They have lists of the IPs that the VPN providers use. Same with Azure AD as VPN/anonymous IPs are high risk.
          Tor browser might work if you get lucky and get an exit node not on their list.

I have a VPN service I use with my pirate TV firestick and even that isn't great. But my company pays for it for testing security policies
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

same with Amazon.
            They have lists of the IPs that the VPN providers use. Same with Azure AD as VPN/anonymous IPs are high risk.
            Tor browser might work if you get lucky and get an exit node not on their list.

I have a VPN service I use with my pirate TV firestick and even that isn't great. But my company pays for it for testing security policies
            You can make your own vpn on aws or another cloud provider.

the comercial vpn are worthless and probably collect more data on you than they should. And you get the privilege to pay for it of course.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

It's worse than that Jim. DBs 'novel' was a cheap plagiarised version of Umberto Echo's Foucalts Pendulum. Which had the original shock horror revelation regarding the messiah. It's also far better written with a great deal of historical fact thrown in for good measure. I think Tom Hanks bought the rights to the wrong book.
              Thank feck for that, I remember my eyes bleeding with the tedium of reading Eco's "Name of the fecking Rose".

Pretentious twaddle.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
              X