• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Wars.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I don't get it - If that's how they left their cars, the victims weren't even blocking in their neighbour's car.

The only potential grounds I can see for a complaint by the neighbour is that their car sticking out at the front makes it infinitesimally harder for the neighbour to look to his left when he is pulling out.
    Which was probably what he was fighting over.

Apparently according to other newspaper reports most of the houses had 2 parking spaces each as there is no public transport in that area.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Youngsters are being taught/preached to stand-up to their rights, but they should also be taught when not to.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
        Youngsters are being taught/preached to stand-up to their rights, but they should also be taught when not to.
        Discretion is the better part of valour. For which better part, I am still alive. But maybe the victims did back down but the murderer was full of murderous intent.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Two kids' lives destroyed overnight. As a parent this just sickens me.

I really, really f**king hate this world at times.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
            New builds dont come with much parking space these days

I guess the suspect was not happy with the victims parking 2 cars in one space

"tension between them accelerated three months ago after Jenny crashed her car into a vehicle belonging to the neighbour as she returned home"
            You can imagine there are going to be arguments just looking at that picture. Parking two cars with both hanging over front and back is going to wind someone up for sure. The neighbour on the left isn't helping things by parking outside the lines as well. The arguments will start when the couple don't think they are doing anything wrong and be belligerent about it and the guy is a bit of a rules type. It's going to cause tension for sure. If they hit his car and carried on with the attitude due to a long term breakdown is undoubtedly make for a very uncomfortable situation.

If they apologised and paid damages in full then there shouldn't be an issue but if there are tensions I doubt that happened which will enrage him no end. Absolutely no reason to get violent or murder people though.

I think there is a lot of backstory here but nothing would excuse what has happened at all.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Which was probably what he was fighting over.

Apparently according to other newspaper reports most of the houses had 2 parking spaces each as there is no public transport in that area.

Looking at that ariel photo the end terrace houses appear to have 2 spaces, but the 2 mid terrace houses, owned by the warring parties, only seem to have one space each.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                While it's never gotten particularly physical, my parents have had a really nasty dispute with their neighbours which has gone on for the best part of 30+ years now. Can certainly see how these things fester and escalate - naturally, nobody is interested when it's "minor" anti social behaviour, but over a period of decades even the slightest transgression can set you off even if the individual act is relatively minor.
                Yeah it seems so petty but it is amazing how much it can niggle at you. You can spend your whole commute home dwelling and seething on if "your" space will be free or that idiot at #23 has taken it again and you'll have to park under the tree instead. Can't be good for us.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Yeah it seems so petty but it is amazing how much it can niggle at you. You can spend your whole commute home dwelling and seething on if "your" space will be free or that idiot at #23 has taken it again and you'll have to park under the tree instead. Can't be good for us.
                  Buy a house with a proper drive
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Humans eh? We murder each other over car parking....

The problem with car parking is people seem to think the bit of tarmac outside their house somehow belongs to them, not in this case but you know the ones who park on the road where the public highway seems to be an extension of their property. So many people get wound up by 'their' parking spot being taken... crazy waste of energy and time.

In the grand scheme of things, it's just a piece of metal, mainly heavily insured, which will end up as knives and forks one day... is it really worth making any fuss about. Such a tragedy and I'm sure there's a back story there somewhere.
                    Last edited by GregRickshaw; 25 November 2021, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Buy a house with a proper drive
                      I did, when we decided city-centre life was getting old. 100m long, now the problem is putting the bins out. It's tough.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X