• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chutney time!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chutney time!

Apple Chilli chutney this year. I always worry about the solid to liquid ratio but it always works out in the end.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Apple Chilli chutney this year. I always worry about the solid to liquid ratio but it always works out in the end.
    Nice! I hope to be joining you in a couple of years, planted some fruit trees this year but will take a year or two to fruit (apple, pear, plum and cherry).

Are the apples eaters or bakers?

Oh, what to you store it in, and if jars, how do you get enough?
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

We did some plum chutney a few weeks ago with the mirabelles. Turned out rather fine.

Giving away apples currently, while contemplating getting the cider press out.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What happened to the chutney spoon thing? Not seen one on CUK for ages.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          What happened to the chutney spoon thing? Not seen one on CUK for ages.
          Still here, but double dipping has been even more problematic than usual thanks to someone dipping a bat.

Comment

Going to be Green Tomato chutney here this year thanks to the crap summer.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Going to be Green Tomato chutney here this year thanks to the crap summer.
              You're lucky - lost all ours to blight.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

https://9gag.com/gag/amB4WP6

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

We did some plum chutney a few weeks ago with the mirabelles. Turned out rather fine.

Giving away apples currently, while contemplating getting the cider press out.
                  We only have cookers and crabs so my cider press sits covered in spiders. Planted some cider varieties but they are slow growers.
                  A local landlord has started cider-making so likewise we may be donating apples.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I always worry about the solid to liquid ratio
                    You're either eating too much of it or the chilli's are too strong

Comment

Working...
                    X