• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My contract is finally ending YAY!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post

I didn't. I left her alone and continued to do my job while havign to deal with a hostile newcomer.
    Under the nose of the boss who really doesn't care, I saw myself cut off from any sort of discussion.
    So I am going to just enjoy the end of this, and leave them in the lurch.
    Looking at your other post in the Prof forums I'm wondering if it's you that needs the attitude check and not everyone else around you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Looking at your other post in the Prof forums I'm wondering if it's you that needs the attitude check and not everyone else around you.
      +1 - a lot of the items sound like issues that should have been addressed way earlier or must have been reinstated due to issues down the line.

1 example, frequently changing specifications - the answer is No, its not in the plan for this sprint, and we will discuss this change at the next sprint planning meeting where we can prioritise work.

Equally, 3 weekly releases could easily create a change management nightmare. I know places that do that and it requires a lot of change management handholding to ensure it works properly.
      Last edited by eek; 12 August 2021, 09:41.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

+1 - a lot of the items sound like issues that should have been addressed way earlier or must have been reinstated due to issues down the line.

1 example, frequently changing specifications - the answer is No, its not in the plan for this sprint, and we will discuss this change at the next sprint planning meeting where we can prioritise work.

Equally, 3 weekly releases could easily create a change management nightmare. I know places that do that and it requires a lot of change management handholding to ensure it works properly.

The 3 weekly releases worked for us, because we have a severe QA bottleneck.
        Which is why we achieved more in the period we used it than in the 2 years prior. But we never got to finish things, because Her Highness knew better.

The many previous issues were never discussed because the big boss never felt like it. He wanted cheap and fast and they did cheap and fast for 10 years and then "I wonder why our code is bad quality and spaghetti".

The PM wanted things her way- and the boss had her back. People are moved around at the new stuff while the ongoing projects are left as lower priority and then "I wonder why it takes so long".

I don't care anymore. Everything is a mess and the people above are sick and tired of throwing money at a project that has become the PM's opportunity to prove why she isn't a failed coder.

Comment

I don't care anymore. Everything is a mess and the people above are sick and tired of throwing money at a project that has become the PM's opportunity to prove why she isn't a failed coder.
          Got to agree with NLUK regarding your attitude - that comment reveals a hell of a lot about you...

Comment

The 3 weekly releases worked for us, because we have a severe QA bottleneck.
            Which is why we achieved more in the period we used it than in the 2 years prior. But we never got to finish things, because Her Highness knew better.

The many previous issues were never discussed because the big boss never felt like it. He wanted cheap and fast and they did cheap and fast for 10 years and then "I wonder why our code is bad quality and spaghetti".

The PM wanted things her way- and the boss had her back. People are moved around at the new stuff while the ongoing projects are left as lower priority and then "I wonder why it takes so long".

That you on the desk opposite?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Got to agree with NLUK regarding your attitude - that comment reveals a hell of a lot about you...
              yes that I find the idea of someone with no experience in the language who's last (junior) coding position was 4 years ago but wants to have the last word on code quality in, again, a language she barely touched utterly ridiculous.
              "I've never seen X" is not an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

That you on the desk opposite?
                They ARE everywhere aren't they

Comment

yes that I find the idea of someone with no experience in the language who's last (junior) coding position was 4 years ago but wants to have the last word on code quality in, again, a language she barely touched utterly ridiculous.
                  "I've never seen X" is not an argument.

Neither mine, nor ees' comments were a compliment to you. You just aren't seeing it though... and that's part of the problem i.e. you.

They ARE everywhere aren't they
                  What's that saying about if everyone around you is an idiot.....
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Neither mine, nor ees' comments were a compliment to you. You just aren't seeing it though... and that's part of the problem i.e. you.

I am seeing it, I just choose to not engage as I have better things to do.

Comment

I am seeing it, I just choose to not engage as I have better things to do.
                      - don't worry we won't miss your inane sexist comments - and would prefer never to have to see the racists ones that would otherwise inevitably appear.

Comment

Working...
                      X